Daum PotPlayer 1.7.20977

Karamjit

PotPlayer - A freeware multimedia player published by Daum. Supports almost every available video formats out there. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include Webcam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting. PotPlayer is a network of Daum's players have their own independent copyright, not by the original Mr. Jiang Longxi, KMPlayer by the original author of the independent development of the follow-up. Current (1428 or later) KMPlayer by the team responsible for the collective Pandora.TV Because the development of the same developers PotPlayer into the natural KMPlayer part of the essence.

Download

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/31/2019 at 6:08 AM, Karamjit said:

PotPlayer - A freeware multimedia player published by Daum.

Have been using this player as main player for long. Moved to smplayer because potplayer was calling home for every movie to be played. Is it still the same behavior?

unknownasphyxiated
On 11/5/2019 at 2:22 AM, mp68terr said:

Have been using this player as main player for long. Moved to smplayer because potplayer was calling home for every movie to be played. Is it still the same behavior?

I think its still the same, not for every movie but everytime you open this app

1 hour ago, unknownasphyxiated said:

still the same

Thanks for the info. Too bad. Likely some workaround to avoid the app to call home at each start.

Good player (was only keeping the mini64 part) but this calling home thing became really annoying.

16 minutes ago, Siaukia said:

Pity there is no more russian repack where they include and setup all filters

What are you speaking about? Any name for this repack?

According to the OP, this player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.

Israeli_Eagle
On 11/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, mp68terr said:

Thanks for the info. Too bad. Likely some workaround to avoid the app to call home at each start.

Good player (was only keeping the mini64 part) but this calling home thing became really annoying.

Sorry for the late answer, but easy to prevent. You ever heard 'Firewall'? :coolwink:

13 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

Sorry for the late answer, but easy to prevent. You ever heard 'Firewall'? :coolwink:

Yes, sure, the connection was not allowed.

But still, as far as I remember the player was trying to make the connection (and waited for a reply) and the fw was giving a notice about it. At that time, several other people were complaining about that in the forums. Gave up with this player, smplayer and zoomplayer later on.

1 hour ago, mp68terr said:

According to the OP, this player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.

It installs the Codecs online or you have download the installers to install it offline it no longer has all the preinstalled codecs since the developers  started making the Global version  it use  be packaged in English  witch all the Codecs  by  a 3rd party site before that.

PotPlayer Codec Pack (OpenCodec)

The PotPlayer Codec Pack had been included in a distribution package before but it was separated while launching a global version to avoid license issues. If not installed, PotPlayer won't decode AAC/AAC LATM/AC3/EAC3/TrueHD/MLP/DTS and some functions won't work at all.

PotPlayer additional codec pack (you need to manually check if the codec is updated) whenever a new version is released in case the installing procedure is skipped in the last setup. Installing the additional codec in the last setup will automatically check the procedure on behalf of you. It will not be installed again if not required.

1 hour ago, mp68terr said:

But still, as far as I remember the player was trying to make the connection (and waited for a reply) and the fw was giving a notice about it. At that time, several other

I blocked  it with a firewall  for years  its always been like that they have it in writing at there site it collect's data so  it do no good to complain    but what happen is now the installer  is spyware it adds rules  to Windows firewall  to allow  itself too collect data  without asking,  codecpack.co witch only post spyware/adware free  installers only post the portables  now because the installer is crap .   I started using SMPlayer  because Potplayer sometimes have bugs and it dont work good on every system . SMPlayer  because it use MPV now ,work better than Potplayer. It  uses less resources and  you dont need to block it,  plus Potplayer is not cross-platform . Also if you block Potplayer  with a firewall it causes some of its features not to  work  like being able to stream unless you track the ips down and block just those.

Daum  started out as a automobile insurance company then they bought  Lycos for $95.4 million  .  So they  a ad company like Google

https://www.nitaro.net/2017/12/ppc-comparison-naver-vs-daum/

They merged with  Kakao  so now its Potplayer by Kakao Corp . Kakao make other apps too mostly used in Korea and China.

2 hours ago, mp68terr said:

Sorry back couple years ago there were repacks by russians that even setup lav filters and custom codecs etc with single click install. after install all you need is change language. i havent touch pc/laptop for couple years now. only came back because i just bought a new laptop. i no longer have the details

29 minutes ago, Siaukia said:

back couple years ago

Same here, just more than a couple years ;) Was simply extracting the setup file and keeping the 'mini64' player. Asked because I did not remember this repack thing.

Archived