Intel's 5GHz-capable Core i9-9900KS arrives October 30th

zoran

i9-9900KS-3.jpgdf913e10-f992-11e9-bee3-3a029708adfc&cli

Are you determined to have the best Intel gaming CPU on the block without splurging on an X-series? You'll soon have a chance to pick one up. Intel has revealed that its special edition Core i9-9900KS processor will be available on October 30th at a recommended price of $513. If you'll recall, this is really a top-binned version of the 9900K that can reach a 5GHz turbo speed across all eight cores rather than one, and hit a base speed of 4GHz instead of 3.6GHz. It won't represent a major leap in performance (especially if you're used to overclocking), but it could make a difference in games that make good use of multiple cores.

Intel needs this launch to some extent. AMD is slated to release its 16-core Ryzen 9 3950X in November, and the more comparably priced 12-core 3900X is already available. The 9900KS may be tempting for gamers who are on the fence and are more interested in having the highest-possible factory clock speeds (or insist on Intel tech) than loading up on additional cores.

Key Features and Capabilities:

• Up to 5.0 GHz all-core turbo frequency; up to 4.0 GHz base frequency, which allow games to run faster when they scale across more cores for higher frame rates
  • Eight cores, 16 threads, 127W TDP, 16 MB Intel Smart Cache, and up to 40 platform PCIe lanes
  • Compatible with existing Z390 motherboards
  • Up to 27%2 faster mega-tasking when you simultaneously game, stream and record compared with a 3-year-old PC
  • Up to 35%3 more frames per second compared with a 3-year-old PC
  • Up to 17% faster4 4K video editing compared with the previous generation and up to 78% faster5 compared with a 3-year-old PC
  • One-year warranty6
  • Overclock1 confidently with new and enhanced features like Intel® Performance Maximizer, which makes it easy to dynamically and reliably custom-tune the unlocked processor based on the processor’s individual performance DNA

Gamers and overclocking enthusiasts will be able to take performance to the max with the 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900KS Special Edition processor. Only select chips from Intel wafers can achieve this specification to run up to 5.0 GHz all-core turbo. Quantity is limited for this special edition product.

More Context: 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900KS Special Edition processor website | Client Computing News at Intel

Source: Intel Newsroom

Source: engadget.com

Edited by zoran
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1