Your first computer ?

info999

• Replies 37
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GRiM said:

Not my first but deffo my most loved AND I still have my original today  :)

in working condition ? wow, that would be worth $$$

2000 (the year, not the model!!) I worked in a company selling Tv's, VCR's, Washing machines etc etc. Then they started bringing in Sega games and computers. I HATED them, I just wasn't interested at all and I couldn't understand why my colleagues were all hooked on them. When customers asked to buy or rent a computer I passed them on to one of my co-workers....I couldn't stand the bl**dy things.

Then around 2000 I found myself abroad now teaching English and needing a computer with Microsoft Office so I could prepare and print my own pages/books for my students. My wife and I got a wee 14 inch screen (CRT tube lol) and we paid up the machine over a year or so. If memory serves it had 20 GB hard drive and about 128 MB memory...and no internet!! I couldn't even play a disc in it, I didn't have a Scooby Doo how to do anything except type and print!! I didn't know  a Megabyte from a dog bite....so now you know how far behind you guys I am. My opinion about computers has done a complete u-turn....you'll have to take it still smoking from my cold dead hand!!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

first (game console) philips g7000 with programming module

then a msx (basic)

then a ibm xt without harddrive only big floppy' drive

then a 286 and when there whas a newer one 386 - 486 - pentium and so on.

and now I7

Back in 1986 or 87, my first PC was a Tandon, i8088 with an incredible speed of 4,77 MhZ, has 256 Kb of ram, later upgraded to 640 Kb, 5,25" floppy disk drive, 20 MEGA HDD and a green CRT.

My first was a Commodore C128 with Dataset And Floppy 1571 (5 1/4  Discs) (I still have with the original box)

My second was a Commodore Amiga 500 with 1MB (I still have with the original box)

On 10/24/2019 at 1:10 AM, info999 said:

in working condition ? wow, that would be worth $$$

I have my original A1200 and a second A1200!   Both in excellent condition and working :D

• 1 month later...

Do you remember it? And if,  then what it is? Was released on 1957 was the first PC at all.

It was distributed only to large institutes for $ 55,000. 180 copies were produced.

YJt9Gz9.jpg

Here is the answer.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Archived