NOD32 - P/Word & Username changed twice

zombiegod

I d/loaded NOD32 from the official site using the login/password . It worked O.K. up until about a week ago, but since then I have had no updates.

Yesterday I tried to update, but a screen kept appearing telling me to insert my details again, as if the login/password were no longer valid.

So, I checked Nsane and lo & behold the details have changed since I last installed it. Renaming the details I was able to recieve all the latest updates, but today I tried to check again and was greeted by the same nagging enter details screen...

What's happening to the validity of the program? Is it because so many people know the details of download the current login/password are being dropped or blacklisted?

I ended up applying the patch, dropping a few build and reverting back to the old trial fix.

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it because so many people know the details of download the current login/password are being dropped or blacklisted?

Precisely.

The Username/Password made public in the Internet or anywhere else are blacklisted by Eset in a short period of time.

you shouldn't even be using the name and password in nod32, it's only needed to download the installer. updates and stuff like that are handled by the fix :)

I'm still using one of those usernames and I'm still recieving updates. I'm not using the latest version of the program because its all x64 or whatever.. Could that be it? :)

I get around 2-3 updates a day.

EDIT: Do you get the status "UnLuCkY" with 13 posts or something? Lol.. Isn't monday the 13th lucky?

You don't need a password to download the Free 30-day Trials.

Just go to http://www.nod32.com/download/index.php and select

the version you want. It doesn't ask for a password. The links on

the Nsane home page for Nod32 Trials never seams to work, just download

the Free 30-day Trials for the website above, then download the Nod32 fix

from the Nsane home page, it works just fine like that. :)

Thanks. ;)

Well, I just downloaded both the NOD32 Fix and the WinXP version of NOD32 off nsane's site just two days ago with no problem and installed them yesterday and no username or password was needed. It auto updated after reboot yesterday and after bootup today with no problem. I replaced Avast and executing apps and surfing seems to go slightly quicker with NOD32 and both AMON and IMON are enabled. Me likes that. :)

BUT! I just tested the WinXP link on nsanes site just now and it doesn't work now. ;)

Well, I just downloaded both the NOD32 Fix and the WinXP version of NOD32 off nsane's site just two days ago with no problem and installed them yesterday and no username or password was needed. It auto updated after reboot yesterday and after bootup today with no problem. I replaced Avast and executing apps and surfing seems to go slightly quicker with NOD32 and both AMON and IMON are enabled. Me likes that. :)

BUT! I just tested the WinXP link on nsanes site just now and it doesn't work now. ;)

the makers of nod32 are always changing the built, server pw a lot. if nsane links it you usully have a few days to get it from that link. after that you just have to wait until a new one is made and upped here.

you shouldn't even be using the name and password in nod32, it's only needed to download the installer. updates and stuff like that are handled by the fix ;)

About the fix. For idiots like myself ;) is it possible to offer the fix in a zip/rar file with a nfo or text readme informing about installing the fix before rebooting (after installing NOD32). HeHe I wasn't aware I was suppost to install the fix before rebooting untill I had already rebooted and began installing the fix. :)

Archived