Megaupload and megamanager

jonahlomu

Hi,.

I would like some advice about some trouble I have using megaupload and megamanager. Usually happens that when I download a file it goes at a very good

speed for a long time, then, when it misses only 10 min to complete the download, the speed goes down drastically and I don't understand why.

Can you give me please some advice or suggestion about this problem. How can it happen and why?

Do you know how I could set the megamanager for a good performance. I have a 2 mega connection, and I use a router. net surfing is ok.

Thanks in advance!!!!

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well this may happen if you use free accounts. Well this generally happens in RS. I haven't used MU more to be sure about it. I don't know anythin about megamanager but if you are usin any sort of download manager disable it. If not then try Internet Download Manager. It can download anythin from any sites like RS, MU, etc. with great speeds even if you dont have a premium account like most of the people( and me :P )

Thanks for the fast reply dkt27. I don't use a free account...I have a premium account on MU, and this is the reason I don't understand why it always happens.

The download is fast until 10 min about to complete, then it goes down drastically. It's a problem cause if I download a lot of files at the same time, it slows

so much and it's necessary to stop them and then to resume. Any suggestion??

• Administrator

Well I just saw that mega manager on the site. I believe that you should really try downloadin without it or try usin Internet Download Manager. It is the best of them all and is most used. Works great even on megaupload.

Well this is an idea about what is happening.. If in fact your download manager is downloading in 'chunks' it means that the manager will separate the files into so many pieces some may not be the same size.. If you are limited on the number of connections either in your computer, or in your manager; for instance if your manager will only use 10 or 20 of 100 possible.. Then the manager may not be allotting the free number of connections to connect for the remaining chucks and uses the open connections only.. therefore when you get toward the end and the rest of the file has been downloading fine.. then it slows down.. This can happen with a regular download manager as well. depending on how it was designed to work, and what it can do.. especially when working with files that are monitored and regulated like those of megaupload/rapidshare and several others.. If it was using burst strength then the speed would decrease for the file as it went long, if this was true..instead I believe it to be maintaining open connections..and disallowing new ones.. This may be a limit set per file on the server.. as well..

Its a theory anyway.. ad yo may not be able to do too much about it.. but allowing your system to have more connections.. say like 100... and looking through your settings of your download manager with this information may allow you to change something that could help..This may also apply to any traffic shaping software and web access monitoring protection you my have as well..maybe even a few settings in your router.. MAYBE

Hi guys,

well I tried the Internet mega manager and it does the same thing of Megaupload megamanager. It starts very fast, and then, when is about to complete the file, it drops down, and it arrives about 4-10 kb/s.The strange thing is that if for example I stop and then I resume the file after about 10 min, it's fast again. The problem is that, if I have to download a lot of files and I have to let the pc on for many

hours, the speed increases dramatically and it stops to download properly.

This problem started after that, about 14 days ago, internet at home was down, and was necessary to call the provider assistance. The net signal came back after some hours, and the problems began.

All the settings (of my router too) seem the same, but perhaps something changed cause it's not working as it did before.

Can someone help me to try to configure my router? I configured it with the help of a IT technicia, but I wanna try by myself.

All the settings seem the same, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks again in advance guys!!!!

Make sure you go to Microsoft Update and check for Custom Updates ( if your OS provides for it through IE8 ) .. and make sure you have the most up to dte recommended drivers for your network cards..

I am not promising anything but I will see if can find something online to help.. The wireless settings could actually have something to do with it.. the distance from the unit and anything it has to go through to get there.. Also any electrical 'noise' and interference can also play a role.. but I had rather look for something that would help me.. than poking around in the dark.. I would recommend you get a little free program called 'Inssider' from metageek. It will help you use your wireless to monitor the signal strength and stability this can help you configure a better connection.. I used it to keep mine from dropping out.. had to find the right channel and signal strength.. ( BTW I am sitting right on top of mine ) that keep a stable connection with no 'valleys'.. I don't exactly know why it was doing it or why the particular signal strength worked BUT it was different from all of the other networks I picked up..and more stable than those..

Also some useful info for me would be Operating System..type of connection ( DSL 1500 D/500 U ), and protection you have on your PC. For instance if your using ESET Smart Security and if you have Web Access Protection Turned on .. anything relative to your connection.. I may start with your computer settings and work my way forward from there. Like modifying your available connections..Optimizing your connection..( if it will apply )... with DeepXW's Universal TCP/IP Patch.. and Optimizing with WinASO's settings, maybe even install cFos Speed to change the TCP Window and help with traffic shaping..then switching you over to OpenDNS.. for both your network card and your router and then go through your router settings. It sounds kind of extensive but if you make your connection all that it can be first.. then set up the router or make a few changes that help.. and make sure you have good connection ( it is the only way to make sure its not you, and you have done all that you can do, and that its not an effect of the incoming active protection scanning ) then the problem is going to be either server-side or ISP related.

Either way its recommended..

Archived