10 Alternatives To Mininova

nsane.forums

With an impressive 175,820,430 visits and close to a billion page views in the last 30 days, Mininova set a record that they will be unable to break in the near future. Last August a Dutch court ruled that Mininova had to remove all links to ‘infringing’ torrent files, with disastrous consequences.

Since it is technically unfeasible to pre-approve or filter every potentially infringing torrent file, the Mininova team decided to throw in the towel and only allow torrents to be submitted by approved uploaders. This move resulted in the deletion of more than a million torrents, many of which were not infringing any copyrights at all.

Thankfully, there are still plenty of alternatives for those BitTorrent users who are looking for the latest Ubuntu, OpenSUSE or Fedora release.

Below we provide a random list of public torrent sites that are still open, but there are of course hundreds more sites we could have included. If your personal favorite is missing, feel free to post it in the comments below – preferably with your reasons why it should be included in any upcoming lists.

hydra1.jpg1. Vertor

2. SeedPeer

3. Torrentreactor

4. Alive Torrents

5. KickassTorrents

6. BTjunkie

7. isoHunt

8. yourBitTorrent

9. The Pirate Bay

10. Fulldls

Article from: TorrentFreak, check out our new blog at FreakBits.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could you not list torrentz.com?

Most results, groups by hashes, lists all trackers, low ads, tells last update time, indexes other sites.

Most results, groups by hashes, lists all trackers, low ads, tells last update time, indexes other sites.

That is the point, torrentz.com is an indexing site, a search engine... while those posted above are separate torrent sites.

• Administrator

I think I'll try KickassTorrents.

You are right. But as long as I know torrentz.com searches the torrents from the sites and shows it. It doesn't host any torrent. Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise overall it's a good site. :)

I think I'll try KickassTorrents.

You are right. But as long as I know torrentz.com searches the torrents from the sites and shows it. It doesn't host any torrent. Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise overall it's a good site. :)

you're right, it doesn't host torrents...

Similar to torrentz, I can also recommend BitSnoop .. I use it with torrentz. I don't search separate sites anymore.

• Administrator

I totally forgot BitSnoop. It's a great site. The only thing I dont like is I wont be able to see many comments on how's the download in real.

whatss da situation if same legal problems r faced by other torrent sites also,,finally one day al torrent sites wil b closed,,then no torrents?

can anybody tel me why only MININOVA faced legal problems but not others inspite of mininova being dacently maintained

• Administrator

Cause mininova was the mot used after TPB. After TPB they wanted to hunt for mininova. Well TPB is still runnin with some tricks. But mininova just gave up if you ask me.

Mininova has been a target since 2005.. It is the reason that legitimately going out and screaming about your favorite place to download and adding little files to downloads, also little 'CRED' notes.. well they just don't seem like a good idea and something I ALWAYS wondered why people did it.. to be honest..

Cause mininova was the mot used after TPB. After TPB they wanted to hunt for mininova. Well TPB is still runnin with some tricks. But mininova just gave up if you ask me.

is there any information that MININOVA wil reopen with NEW NAME OR NEW MODIFICATIONS,,PLS REPLY,,

• Administrator

Well it seems unlikely. Somehow it makes me feel that they haven't deleted any torrent from their database. They have removed them from the site but not their storage. It's just a feel/dream though.

You know what? You can still do illegal file sharing there. This is how -

Upload a software or a game that needs a serial to activate. Now upload a trial version torrent there. Now go to the comments section and post the serial. You are done. ;)

This may work as for now.

With an impressive 175,820,430 visits and close to a billion page views in the last 30 days, Mininova set a record that they will be unable to break in the near future. Last August a Dutch court ruled that Mininova had to remove all links to ‘infringing’ torrent files, with disastrous consequences.

Since it is technically unfeasible to pre-approve or filter every potentially infringing torrent file, the Mininova team decided to throw in the towel and only allow torrents to be submitted by approved uploaders. This move resulted in the deletion of more than a million torrents, many of which were not infringing any copyrights at all.

Thankfully, there are still plenty of alternatives for those BitTorrent users who are looking for the latest Ubuntu, OpenSUSE or Fedora release.

Below we provide a random list of public torrent sites that are still open, but there are of course hundreds more sites we could have included. If your personal favorite is missing, feel free to post it in the comments below – preferably with your reasons why it should be included in any upcoming lists.

hydra1.jpg1. Vertor

2. SeedPeer

3. Torrentreactor

4. Alive Torrents

5. KickassTorrents

6. BTjunkie

7. isoHunt

8. yourBitTorrent

9. The Pirate Bay

10. Fulldls

Article from: TorrentFreak, check out our new blog at FreakBits.

view.gifView: Original Article

no one of these sites is an alternative

mininova was the strongest, most updated and maintained, i hope that this technology doesn't fade out due to mentally retarded judges

community must play a role

Archived