ULTIMATE DEFRAG 3

moneyfarmer

HAS ANYONE GOT THE NEWLY REALEASED ULTIMATE DEFRAG 3? PLEASE AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH. PEACE, MONEYFARMER :)

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

More or less, when it IS released, I'm sure it'll make it onto here for sure. As I'm awaiting for it and also an updated guide for it to maximize my Win7 system =)

I don't think it's released yet.

----------------------------------------

Not released yet but is scheduled for this month of November . They are working on this v.3 sense 1 here ago. It`s time...

A lot of people interested...

Yes I know it very well.

-----------------------------------------------

Good to know you know. I also know that there are other members who know you know to talk. We all know how much it costs to talk these days, but we know you know, sometimes is better not talk too much, unless you drink a lot of water, you know? :lol:

-------------------------------------------------

One thing I dont know : how come a guy (Member) starts asking for a Fix ( does rules stopped ?) for a program that not even exists ?

Is he / she suffering of some insanity ? Who knows?- I dont know , but maybe the other well-known, knows ?

One thing I dont know : how come a guy (Member) starts asking for a Fix ( does rules stopped ?) for a program that not even exists ?

Is he / she suffering of some insanity ? Who knows?- I dont know , but maybe the other well-known, knows ?

I already messaged him to edit his post because I want to leave this topic open so people could discuss ultimate defrag 3. I think he went offline by the time I sent him the message so I fixed it for him.

Never fear, no rules are stopped. :rolleyes:

Yes I know it very well.

-----------------------------------------------

Good to know you know. I also know that there are other members who know you know to talk. We all know how much it costs to talk these days, but we know you know, sometimes is better not talk too much, unless you drink a lot of water, you know? :lol:

-------------------------------------------------

Now what is the message here? - you may ask

Well, just to make it absolutely clear, the message is that

"There are known "knowns. That is to say there are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know.

But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.

So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns.

And each day on Nsane, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns."

So now you know that we know that it has not been released yet.

We also know that we don't know when it will be released. :lol:

But we do know it will be released.

• Administrator

Yea it's only announced. Not released yet. But I think it's not too far away to get released. Or have they forgotten that they have to release it this November. :o

Well, I hope they don't rush it out in the next six days just so some executive can declare they released it in November like announced. I hope the first release of Ultimate Defrag 3 is a quality release.

I was about to write a proper response but I noticed this is the 2nd thread that member (moneyfarmer) starts and using CAPS! I refuse to answer to such thread, STOP writing in caps, it's annoying and against the rules! :angry:

very sorry about the capital letters in my post...i promise not to do it ever again, and only hope that you can forgive my ignorance...i had no idea it was so offensive...that aside, i now know it is against the rules also, so will be sure to check that my caps lock is off. Again, very, very, very sorry. i hope no one lost any sleep because of it....lol. thank you for the replies btw. Peace :)

very sorry about the capital letters in my post...i promise not to do it ever again, and only hope that you can forgive my ignorance...i had no idea it was so offensive...that aside, i now know it is against the rules also, so will be sure to check that my caps lock is off. Again, very, very, very sorry. i hope no one lost any sleep because of it....lol. thank you for the replies btw. Peace :)

----------------------------------------------------------

According to your words it "seems" you are a good guy, so you are forgiven. This was just an advise, dont worry, no one is going to kill you. We are all good and educated members on this web site / forum. Sometimes we act this way just for kidding too(J/K)---»» :P... Peace on Earth.

Technically you never broke any rules, hence the reason none of the staff told you anything officially. Use of 100% caps is only in violation of the rules if it is used in a "shouty" context. Although this whole "shouting" thing by caps is new to me, to me it is kinda absurd to associate a text formatting with a voice characteristic but all the new kids on the block are defining this new trend so I'll be open to whatever affects another individual. Back in the day bold text was used for emphasis (which is the correct use btw) but social engineering has broken and obliterated what used to be the English language.

BTW the word "shouty" was invented by Lite (or so he claims :P); 20 year from now when Webster adds it to the dictionary remember you heard it here first. :lol:

You know what has got me right now about Ultimate Defrag.. I don't know where the arm of my hard drive sits.. according to some of the picture I have seen it sits in the middle, now if thats the case, and this program allows yo to move everything to one side of the other in reverse order, or normal.. It needs and option to place most frequently dead center.. which is odd but how my hard drive was laid out when I first started using it.. things were through the middle with the MFT towards the outside.. not knowing my hard drive arm position and knowing where my MFT is.. ( which is first ).. I don't know has me questioning again..

• Administrator

:huh: I didn't understood.

You can change the placement of MFT by goin into options > boot defrag > place the MFT where you want it to be and check "defrag in next restart". It will place the MFT where you want it to be.

Okay picture a hard drive.. Plattens, arm all the works.. when the arm is at rest.. the shortest distance to move.. would that be ..

In the middle..

To the inside...

To the outside..

or how is this determined.. and more importantly are all drives made the same way.. which is why I started wondering.. I see pictures with them in three positions.. the ones that are still together.. Mine are all done by High Performance.. So YES I do realize the theory behind it.. trust me.. but like I stated I started to wonder about different types, sizes, manufacturers.. and if adjustments should be made per hardware.. since you can put them to the inside.. and the outside and reverse the orders of such.. if it is because of the effect which may me question it... then would it not be apparent that in fact you would need to be able to do the same thing for files from the middle out.. for drives which the arms position is in the middle? Which is a best bet where the MFT is typically located on a hard drive.. ( and YES I do know how to move the MFT )

It was just a thought.. Most of the drives I start on are typically placing files dead center.. When I see most Western Digital pictures.. the arm is resting to the outside, MFT's located in the center by default..my Fujitsu is shown dead center..with the MFT slightly to the outside of center..

One of the major points behind this is the extra movement of the actuator arm.. less time to get to the file..but what if you move the files to the wrong side interior or exterior? Is it gong to really improve things? My main thought was that they all rest to the outside and position as pictured meant nothing.. but I find nothing to support evidence in either direction.. ( though I haven't read that whole page yet.. ) I guess truthfully I am looking for more in depth info on a hard drive's operation .. just to know.. to settle the doubt..

I believe all hard drives are faster on the outside, but obviously I can't be sure ;)

I believe the percentages presented on their website aren't based on the arm position only, but also on the fact that each 'circle' on the outside of the drive contains more blocks, which means if you place ALL data you access frequently on the outside, rather than the inside(whichever position your actuator arm is in), it will be faster since it won't have to move the arm (that much).

Don't know if you can follow my thought process, it's like the inside has uses 20 circles to store x blocks where the outside uses just 5 circles to store the same x blocks, because of this the arm will only have to move a maximum of 5 x 'diameter circle - diameter next circle' rather than 20 x 'the same'.

Yeah I get it.. I guess I get to tweaking too hard, my brain will push too hard sometimes.. ( atleast I am not one of the burn-outs who would tear open the hard drive to see.. LOL )

I believe all hard drives are faster on the outside, but obviously I can't be sure ;)

I believe the percentages presented on their website aren't based on the arm position only, but also on the fact that each 'circle' on the outside of the drive contains more blocks, which means if you place ALL data you access frequently on the outside, rather than the inside(whichever position your actuator arm is in), it will be faster since it won't have to move the arm (that much).

Don't know if you can follow my thought process, it's like the inside has uses 20 circles to store x blocks where the outside uses just 5 circles to store the same x blocks, because of this the arm will only have to move a maximum of 5 x 'diameter circle - diameter next circle' rather than 20 x 'the same'.

This is true.

though I haven't read that whole page yet..

No need to read the whole page. The deferrer is interfering with the page I specified. The link is really pointing to the subpage

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_drive#Data_transfer_rate (where "xx" is really "tt")

but the deferrer is dropping off the "#Data_transfer_rate" at the end when it takes you to the main page.

Here is a recommendation from the PerfectDisk blog for where the MFT should be placed on a hard drive. They refer to an article posted by Microsoft; unfortunately, that article is no longer available.

November 13, 2006

MFT Optimization for NTFS volumes

NTFS is the recommended file system for computers running the Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 operating systems. When a volume is formatted with NTFS, a Master File Table (MFT) and other special file system metadata files are created. The MFT is an important data structure for NTFS, consisting of many 1K MFT entries that define all items in the file system. All information about a file, including its size, time and date stamps, permissions, and data content is stored within or described by MFT entries.

In Windows 2000 and earlier versions of Windows NT, the MFT was typically placed at the start of the disk space available to the file system. In Windows XP, the NTFS format utilities place the MFT 3 GB further into the disk space, which has been found to improve system performance by 5 to 10 percent.

PerfectDisk repositions the MFT to the location where Microsoft research has indicated (as noted above) provides this 5-10% performance improvement. To read the complete Microsoft research paper entitled "NTFS Preinstallation and Windows XP," go to http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/winpreinst/ntfs-preinstall.mspx.

Source: PerfectDisk Blog

• Administrator

So where exactly should I place it?

It means around the outer side of the disk but not on the edge.

Archived