KILL first, ask questions later!

Zeus_Hunt

Florida to expand law on gun use

The law is heavily backed by the National Rifle Association

A law letting people in Florida kill in self-defence on the street without first trying to flee an attacker has been passed by Florida politicians.

Florida law already allows people to shoot a potential attacker in their home, place of work or car.

But until now, courts insisted that anyone confronted in a public place should first try to run away.

Critics of the law say it will bring a Wild West attitude to Florida - magnet to hundreds of thousands of tourists.

One critic said all the measure would do is sell more guns and turn the state into a modern version of the OK Corral.

The bill has been heavily backed by the National Rifle Association, the lobbying group which defends the rights of Americans to carry guns.

Dennis Baxley, the Republican sponsor of the Stand Your Ground bill said it was about meeting force with force.

"If I'm attacked, I should not have to retreat," he said.

The bill has already passed the Florida Senate and is expected to be signed into law by Governor Jeb Bush, the president's brother.

Opponents said the move gave gun owners a license to kill.

"For a House that talks about the culture of life it's ironic that we would be devaluing life in this bill," said Democratic state Rep Dan Gelber of Miami Beach.

"That's exactly what we're doing."

Opponents of gun control have celebrated recent victories: Congress let the ban on assault weapons expire last autumn, and since 2003, five states have approved laws allowing people to carry concealed weapons.

Thirty-five states now require the authorities to issue permits for concealed handguns to most applicants as long as they do not have criminal records, and two, Alaska and Vermont, allow concealed weapons without a permit.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4415135.stm

What a perfect idea to destroy Florida's State Tourism. Florida relies on the 36 Million tourists every year to visit their state. I can see their new ad comming soon: Plan your best vacation ever in beautiful Florida! Explore our colorful destinations and pursue your own interests to create your dream vacation in the Sunshine State, blah blah blah, and if u piss off Jim Bob then u'll be killed and we'll find out WHY, later.

This news is a little old but sure makes a interesting read... :mellow:

• Replies 20
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the law was made to protect innocent citizens, i peronally had a friend get shot when trying to run away (what they asked you to do before this). if he would have defended himself, he would be the one in trouble. see what i'm sayin? :P

basicly, the old law was kinda narrow minded and actually protected the criminals when you think about it. they can rob you, but, you do anything in return...you get thrown in jail :mellow:

if you lived here and had to deal with the crap these punks put you through, you'd understand. whigger-ness is spreading like freakin AIDs here in FL, stupid street trash crack heads trying to rob you every where you go :eek:

i dunno, i've been driving for like 4-5 years now :eek:

but, i remember this one time me and a friend were riding our bikes to his house (was around 1AM), and some whigger POS just runs up, fucking decks my friend, and runs off with his bike...and like they say...you can't catch a crack head :mellow:

but, what's really fucked up, is my friend has that disease where he stopped growing at around age 12 (same shit Gary Coleman has). so, pretty much, that 20 somethin guy beat up a 12 years old...and prolly got some sort of sicko pride out of it too <_>

to be honest, i would have shot his ass if that law was in effect back then. would have slept like a baby later that night too :P

kinda makes me wish we had those laws over here :mellow:

did you ever hear about the guy over here called tony martin?

he was convicted and jailed for shooting at 2 robbers who broke into his farmhouse and ended up killing one. it's crazy. the guy was like 60 or something, and it just went to show what the law is like over here.

for more info, run a search on google, or visit here: http://www.tonymartinsupportgroup.org/ or http://www.edp24.co.uk/Content/News/Index/TonyMartin.asp

The story of Tony Martin, the Norfolk farmer who was convicted of the murder of a teenage burglar who broke into his isolated Norfolk home, created worldwide interest.

It sparked a national debate about the rights of householders to defend themselves, and provoked real anger in the countryside over the issue of rural policing. After 18 months in jail Martin had his conviction reduced to manslaughter and his sentence cut to five years

the second link i posted has lots of links and stuff - worth reading!

so it was a home invasion, not just a burglary?! yet, they still didn't accept his self defence plee?! that just fucking wrong :mellow:

but, yeah, that's the kind of bullshit they're trying to get rid off. people in jail for fucking defending themselves :eek:

whigger-ness whigger POS :rolleyes: ?????

I am new to this city (Bangalore).... but I have heard that now a days the city is not as safe as it used to be..... people working at night (like me) do get robbed and stufff......

But my home town (Hyderabad) is much safer....

But I believe in all the cities in the south murders are very less....

People do not get shot simply or for petty reasons.....

Good that in India, every second person does not own a gun.....

I think it is better to not give guns at all, to common man .... rather than arm every1 with a gun to defend themselves...

I have never seen a gun in my life apart from the guns shown in TV... ;)

Chicano666

Well, just try living in NYC. Its extremely crowded and to walk during night time, you must be in a gang or something.

If we all were in 1 city, we could have formed a gang and named it NSANE GANG

he's just sayin ya need to stick the crowds, don't go walking down some empty street by yourself. not that you need to literally form a gang just to go to the super market :rolleyes:

any ways, whigger = a "wanna be" that wishes he was a big black gangster, living in the slums of LA, selling drugs. when he's really a little zit faced punk, living at his moms, flushing his life down the drain, and ruining our society (deserves to be shot) ;)

you can usually spot them by their pants being half way down their ass and they talk with the intelligence of a 1st grader..."I be's hungry dawg"

Chicano666
any ways, whigger = a "wanna be" that wishes he was a big black gangster, living in the slums of LA, selling drugs. when he's really a little zit faced punk, living at his moms, flushing his life down the drain, and ruining our society (deserves to be shot) :rolleyes:

you can usually spot them by their pants being half way down their ass and they talk with the intelligence of a 1st grader..."I be's hungry dawg"

Not everyone is a 'whigger' thoguh, I wear my pants like that, but I do not go around talking like a 1st Grader. Nor do I want to be a big black gangster (I'm Mexican)

you get what i'm sayin tho, the stupid fucks that think acting 'hard' proves something. when in reality, it just shows how insecure they are of themselves :rolleyes:

If u wear pants half way down the ass out here in India, u would get nice spankings on their asses :rolleyes:

Rudeboy2025
you get what i'm sayin tho, the stupid fucks that think acting 'hard' proves something. when in reality, it just shows how insecure they are of themselves  :lol:

I hear what you saying, stupid fucking wannabes. Acting all hard, their pants down to their legs, earings, chains and all that shit. Fucking losers. :rofl:

you all should mov to canada....it's safer up here :lol: ...notice i did not completly safe...but it is safer... :rofl:

Chicano666
you get what i'm sayin tho, the stupid fucks that think acting 'hard' proves something. when in reality, it just shows how insecure they are of themselves  :lol:

I feel you, I hate them too, try to be 'the man'. It just makes me laugh :rolleyes:

you all should mov to canada....it's safer up here ;) ...notice i did not completly safe...but it is safer... <_>

If u really wanna be safe, then I suggest Antartica :(

No fear of being killed by a human being.....

Rudeboy2025

You would probably get killed by the cold though. :(

Chicano666
You would probably get killed by the cold though. :(

Yeah, thats why he said 'No fear of being killed by a human being...' ;)

You would probably get killed by the cold though. ;)

No fear of being killed by a human being.....

No fear of being killed by a human being.... :(

I have seen natural ice in my life... ;)

So If I am shifted to Antartica....probably I will be the first 1 to die and go to heaven ;) (now thats debatable)

Rudeboy2025

I was making a point that you still wouldn't be safe there because of the cold. I did read that he said by a human being. :(

Archived