Lily Allen: Sell Bootlegs of My CDs, Don't Share for Free

nsane.forums

LilyAllen.jpg

UK recording artist, and vocal anti-file-sharing critic, remarks that she’s fine with people selling bootleg copies of her CDs rather than share it for free with others since the person selling it is at least placing “some kind of value on my music.”

Lily Allen just doesn’t seem to understand music fans at all. Gifted as she may be as a recording artist she thinks that commercial pirates, those that offer copyrighted material for financial gain, are better than noncommercial pirates (i.e. file-sharers), those that offer copyrighted material simply so that others can enjoy it as well.

If someone comes up with a burnt copy of my CD and offers it to you for £4, I haven't a problem with that as long as the person buying it places some kind do of value on my music,” she recently told UK radio station Key 103.

Allen, if you recall, was the one who blasted file-sharing on her blog this past September as a “disaster” that’s making it harder for new acts to emerge.

She apparently failed to read the Harvard study that found the number of albums released annually since 2000 has in fact doubled.

What’s also interesting to note is that she seems to be taking advantage of P2P herself, using BitTorrent to distribute free copies of her Lily Allen: Remixed album. It lends further credence to what the Featured Artists Coalition, the target of Allen’s ire for for criticizing efforts by the UK govt for a "three-strikes" crackdown on illegal file-sharing, argument that P2P is an important form of “promotion.”

Allen may have labeled the FAC as being out of touch, but it now seems she’s the one who’s disconnected from reality.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 3
  • Views 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... And copyright is suppose to protect "intellectual property" from being abused for monetary gains by "non-copyright holders".

Lily Allen is either a hermit or she's totally illiterate.

~Cheers!

UK recording artist, and vocal anti-file-sharing critic, remarks that she’s fine with people selling bootleg copies of her CDs rather than share it for free with others since the person selling it is at least placing “some kind of value on my music.”

since shes hot,i wont comment :ph34r:

Archived