Trouble with connection or PC

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How you doin'? I've got a problem on my PC or with my ISP. I can't download anything from the net. It's so strange. It always says me "ERROR 404" wherever it is.

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only Eset Nod32 2.79 I'm using. I'm on a mobile broadband connection using an USB Huawei 3G Mobile Device

• Administrator

No firewall? ANW I feel that ESET is may be the reason. I think you have already tried disablin ESET.

You may also want to Reboot...all network devices and system..Check your network cards/connections/devices for proper configurations..all elements...Check your startup programs for anything odd. Basically do a system sweep.. some malware can make changes to your system that will kill your connection .. especially if you not using updated protection.. Personally would advise upgrading to the most recent version of ESET..you really help your self my coming up with fixes and changes for incompatibilities.. making sure your OS and program are up to date is like the first thing you should do for a computer regardless of problems or not.. Your hosts should be checked.. There are a lot of areas to cover.. and a lot of causes..

It would be better to be more encompassing of the symptoms of things causing the drop in service.. This isn't the first time you have had this issue either so something is not right somewhere..

There is no malware or something like that. Everything is properly configured. All is up to date.

• Administrator

If it's 404 only when downloadin files. There are a lot of chances of a malware on your PC. Scan your PC by MalwareBytes Anti Malware full scan. I also recommend postin a HijackThis thingy here.

well, I don't know what happened but today I can download files. Maybe it was a problem of the ISP.

• Administrator

Interesting. :think:

Well it seems a bit odd. As even surfin the net is considered as downloadin.

My IP is dinamic. Yesterday restarting the modem did not work. Maybe is one of the IP the problem

Could be.. your ISP did that to you when you were trying to connect Windows Live too..Could also be ARP/DNS Poisoning of some kind...on their end.. Could be several things..

today, the problem started again. I think there is some download blocking or something like that from my ISP.

• Administrator

If it's blockin downloads, proxy can be a good option.

BTW can you ping that address?

Here's how -

Copy the download link.

Open run.

CMD.

Type ping (paste download link by rightclick paste[CTRL + V Doesn't work in CMD])

Enter.

What does it says?

ping solicitude coudn't find the host . Make the name is right and try again

ping solicitude coudn't find the host . Make the name is right and try again

• Administrator

That's a weird error. I've seen this sort of error. Are you sure you pasted it correctly?

ANW go here and see the last (7th) post - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1957244&postcount=7

BTW do you use Windows Firewall? Or any other? Disable it and then try.

Well, my ISP has a restriction: it only lets you to download 3GB per month, 700/750 mb per week. 16 millon people is going to burn their USB mobile broadband modem if this is not fixed.

You should change ISP's..that is a ridiculously small amount of time..Especially if you had to recover a system.. and you have crappy service as well..

Archived