Software Updates thread failure

BillyBootlace

BillyBootlace

This is regarding Software News, Software Updates (and I normally sort by Start Date). I go to page 1, then page 2 and then when I try to go back to page 1 again using the back button on my browser It doesn't work. This is when using either Vivaldi or Firefox. All other threads work as they should.

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BillyBootlace said:

This is regarding Software News, Software Updates (and I normally sort by Start Date). I go to page 1, then page 2 and then when I try to go back to page 1 again using the back button on my browser It doesn't work. This is when using either Vivaldi or Firefox. All other threads work as they should.

You can only go back with the browser arrow if you have different web pages that have been opened as sequences sites (they have different url addresses). But in current case you make new virtual web page, based on certain options of the database. It's one and the same web page and if you see the numbers 1, 2, ... 10 there, they are different locations for the same virtual page, not different web pages. You simply split the virtual web page into a number of results what You can see on one page. Usually it is 10, 20, 25 etc results.
Then You'll see first 10 or 20 or etc results as one page, if You select page 2 (number 2), simply site will skip to result 11 (21..etc), which is for You the first on new site, but in reality it's the same virtual site, but You simply skipped first 10 or 20 etc results.
So, there is nothing wrong or not working because you are on the same web page and are using virtual hyperlinks on the same web page to move on.
Nor is your web browser a problem. It's the same in all browsers. 
Has always been so. in reality it is list of search results what You see.

Archived