How can I transfer files between Laptop and a PC

mars_army

I was just wondering if there's an easy way to hook up my laptop to my PC and transfer files between the two (I know there's a way but don't know exactly how to do it).

It can't be over the internet, the house has a dialup connection. But surely there's a way to just hook up my laptop to the PC with some sort of cable and be able to transfer files on the C drives, right? What I want to do is backup all my laptop stuff onto my PC.

I was initially using my flash drive to do it but it was far too tedious because the PC doesn't have any high-speed USB ports (and my drive is only 512mb).

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just wondering if there's an easy way to hook up my laptop to my PC and transfer files between the two (I know there's a way but don't know exactly how to do it).

It can't be over the internet, the house has a dialup connection. But surely there's a way to just hook up my laptop to the PC with some sort of cable and be able to transfer files on the C drives, right? What I want to do is backup all my laptop stuff onto my PC.

I was initially using my flash drive to do it but it was far too tedious because the PC doesn't have any high-speed USB ports (and my drive is only 512mb).

setup to share use a ethernet cord. or do it by external drive back and forth

setup to share use a ethernet cord. or do it by external drive back and forth

Ah okay. So should I try to set up some sort of home network then? I've never had to set up a network before so I'm a little fuzzy on the details of how to get it going successfully.

If you have XP (on both systems) there is a network wizard to take you through the steps and a networking cable cost about AU$5.

Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > Network Setup Wizard

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

if u have both set up using the internet then the simplest way is to use vpn software very easy to use

Guest alex626av

just take off the hard drive put it on slave on the other comp and transfer the file like that should not take more than 20min

• 2 weeks later...

Archived