Windows 10 or Windows 7 on Pentium G630?

Anishraj

2 hours ago, chhotemia said:

windows 10 definitely as Windows 7 goes OOS in January 2020

Then what ?! the time I'm writing this there is hundreds of windows xp running like a charm.

• Replies 29
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2019 at 11:57 PM, Ritzaus_19 said:

Same speed with Windows 7 x64 on 4GB RAM but Windows 10 LTSC is better (With no special effects)

ok.jpg

Win 10 LTSB/LTSC runs nearly as fast as Win7 with windows defender disabled on Win10 (I use Defendercontrol app to turn on or turn off MS Defender)

On 8/2/2019 at 11:37 PM, TrashBoat said:

Definitely Win10. If Intel Atoms can run it, so can the old Pentium. And I feel like it actually needs less resources than 7 or 8.

most Intel Atoms can run recent Win10 versions like LTSC 2019 (v1809) but Intel Atom Cloverview or "Clover Trail" CPUs can run up to Win10 LTSB 2016 or v1607 32bit only.  v1703 & higher do not support nor run on Cloverview/Clover Trail based Intel Atoms.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:54 AM, Anishraj said:

Hey All,

I am planning to install windows 10 on my old systems which has the following specifications

Intel Pentium G630 - 2.7 Ghz

6 GB RAM

500 GB SATA Storage + 120 GB SSD

Current OS: Windows 7- 32 Bit

Request your recommendation as to whether i should install windows 10.

What dont you like about your current OS and setup?

What do you expect or want to gain by putting on (I wont say "upgrading") Windows10?

If it isnt broke dont fix it, I always say. Good luck to you in whatever decision you may make.

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, Kalju said:

I would recommend first installing Windows 7 x64 (64-bit) Professional or Ultimate, activating it and then upgrading to Windows 10 using the Genuine Ticket method (this is completely official). 
You can freely upgrade to these versions using Windows 7 built in upgrading method using generic/common pro or ultimate installing key.
The result is Windows 10 Professional x64 (64-bit) with an activated digital license.
If you don't like it (ie Windows 10 Pro x64)for any reason, you can always upgrade to some another version of Windows 10, such as LTSC, N, Enterprise or whatever.
Of course, you need to activate Windows 7 x64 Professional or Ultimate before upgrading to Windows 10, for this you need another activation key that you probably do not have. However, in this case, the DAZ loader fits very well. It is all tested and used already about 4 years and it works perfectly.
There is also one another method, install clean Windows 10 and use HWID gen method, but if You're not very tech, it may be a bit problematical.
Good luck to you and don't do stupid things, do the right thing right away.

@Kalju Thanks (finally an explanation in plain English)

I have Win 7 x64 Pro (legit, disc, sticker, verified). In April 2017 I downloaded the free Win 10 upgrade version (from the MS site, I think - not an .iso but an .exe).

Questions:

- what is the Genuine Ticket method? (can't find it (anymore) in Win 7)
- I don't need full Win 10 (bloat) - so, as I understand it, LTSC is a 'light' version - where do I get it - or is it just a flavor you select on install?

- Would it be better to upgrade W7 or simply format C:\ and then install W10 (for which I would have to download any newer files or just use that 2017-install?).
From experience, I rebuild machines every 1 or 2 years - but in the case of W7 it became a mayor pain as it needs downloading updates for more than a day and rebooting - would a fresh W10 install require the same endless downloading? Or is there a file which contains 'all' updates/patches?

Any help, pointers, links appreciated!

Archived