Question about who can see office 365 accounts

hefasto

When we use office 365 education or business accounts, who can take control over our data? I've read that the admin can take control but other people say that if you have a folder as private, no one can see it.

I asked this becuase there are a few sites where they sell cheap business accounts and don't know if It would be fine to put backup data there.

Thank you for your time!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if its not from a genuine source it could be one account for multiple users. i haven't used 365 as i have no use for subscription.

you have the option of using MS OneDrive, GDrive, Mega, or Dropbox etc to auto backup files on your PC/ tabley. you just specify a set folder or drive to check and any new files/ updates are backed up to the cloud

Obviously if you have a private folder (with a password) the account administrator will not be able to see it, but they may ask you what you are hiding or raise suspicions.

Thank you for your answers; I didn't know you could use a password on a online private folder. You can use cryptomator, a .rar file with password, etc but it consumes too much time.

I'm keeping with free 50 gb mega and will buy a few hdd. 

Archived