Text Password

Hitman6267

Hi, any one knows a good program for password protecting normal text documents ? Like putting a password on notepad files. I dont like using microsoft word if some one was going to suggest that, i just want a simple porgrame to do the trick. Thank you ;)

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could just store em in a passworded rar, dunno how to password the file directly tho :\

Thank you all for your replies. Im going to try axcrypt and see if thats what i need.

@nsane: thats what i've been doing and i dont like it because i have to unrar then rar everytime i want to make a little change.

@zombiegod: I have a program that wokes like a vault. Each time i enter my pass it creates a new drive ( in my case i have it called G: ) and i can put my files in it but still i dont like having to open the program :)

MSNPlus makes password protected files for your conversation recordings ( msn convoz ) thats from where i got the idea to look for a software to add a password to my files. Security is no important because there isnt any important data that should be secured but i have stuff that i dont want any one else to open on my pc by double clicking lol.

So if any one knows such a program for notepad documents which are simply .txt ( only text) please tell me. Thank you all for your replies :)

is there a way to password protect normal folders.

I believe that program will do the same. If not, then RAR it like nsane said.

is there a way to password protect normal folders.

I believe that program will do the same. If not, then RAR it like nsane said.

It'll just password protect all the files in the folder =|

Archived