Study: Asus, Toshiba Make Most Reliable Laptops

nsane.forums

squaretrade-laptop-reliability,X-I-230598-2.png

HP at the bottom of the reliability pile.

When we buy a new laptop, we're often looking for something that's powerful and portable. Most of these features we can read on specification sheets, but what we can't see is predicted reliability.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 5
  • Views 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info.

Good, Sony is third best in this list. Hopefully, my one-year-old (almost to the day) Sony VAIO will keep working well for many more years to come.

Thanks for the info.

Good, Sony is third best in this list. Hopefully, my one-year-old (almost to the day) Sony VAIO will keep working well for many more years to come.

Don't worry, If everything is fine your pc will keep working a long time. Those VAIO are tough ones :P

The problem is mostly heat related. You would not believe how many people think it's a good idea to use their laptops on top their bed. Overheating for extended periods lowers the life of the hard drive especially. HP has an extremely poor design as well, so that adds to their failure rate. I don't think Acer and Gateway will be so low on the list at present, they have started producing better quality laptops as far as I have seen.

My best advice to anyone looking to buy a new laptop is to avoid nvidia chipsets, they produce alot of heat even in the desktop arena. Many people are duped into thinking nvidia boards are better because they always come packed with copper heat pipes and large awesome looking heatsinks; they didn't only put that there to look cool and trick customers, but also because nvidia chipsets uses up to 50 Watts whereas AMD and Intel chipsets use alot less.

Also be aware that all new Intel chips despite their names are based on Core 2 Architecture:

• Celerons are crippled versions of full Core 2 chips, they lack virtualization, some other power features and have less cache.
  • Pentiums are great value for money because you get a full fledged Core 2 CPU just lacking a small amount of cache.

I say this so you would know that you don't have to pay hundreds more to buy a brand name "Core 2 Duo" when in fact all the other current CPUs are based on the same architecture.

Even though I do prefer AMD as they have fairer prices, AMD is yet to release a good low voltage mobile CPU. You can't even find their fusion architecture to buy, I don't know what is wrong with the supply chain.

the first line of Your post is killer ,

C'mon The last place :sneaky:

wish my Dv7000 isn't that bad tho

Archived