Google hacked?

nsane

• Replies 11
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Working fine here....

Your prefs are probs messed if your being redired to the mexican site.

yeah, i think it's my ISP. i'll just have to wait till it's fixed :\

i guess i could babelfish google.com.mx :lol:

edit: i forgot about the Google Mirror. notice how it's literally a mirror image of google, images & text are reversed :unsure:

LemonHead2089
edit: i forgot about the Google Mirror. notice how it's literally a mirror image of google, images & text are reversed :lol:

haha that's pretty kool! :unsure:

yeah, one of my professors showed my class that one time. said it became real big during the 'Great Chinese Firewall', when they blocked alot of non-chinese IPs (like google, cnet, cnn, etc.). he said all the chinese people, with a brain, started using the mirror since it's a proxy cgi script, that acts as a middle man :unsure:

any ways, i fixed the problem. forgot i had firefox set to use a proxy last night :lol:

I do thing that google was having issues mentioned earlier....

I did read it somewhere that it was getting redirected for a short period og time to a diff site....

It was mentioned that it was not hacked but was some internal issue....

Images do not work.... along with Groups News Froogle Local

In short only Web is working...... :unsure:

Getting the foll error

Problem Report : Access denied to system because of Policy Configuration.

Message ID : POLICY_DENIED

Problem Description : Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.

Possible Problem Cause : Request denied, as specified in the policy configuration.

Possible Solution : Contact your network support team if this problem persists.

• 2 weeks later...
I do thing that google was having issues mentioned earlier....

I did read it somewhere that it was getting redirected for a short period og time to a diff site....

It was mentioned that it was not hacked but was some internal issue....

Finally found it... But I guess its irrelevent now ;)

Monday, 09 May 2005

Search giant Google, Inc. went offline for 15 minutes from 3:45 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, which not only took the search engine offline, but also its e-mail service.

"It was not a hacking or a security issue," said David Krane, Spokesman for Google to the Associated Press. According to the search company, it was purely a Domain Name System, or DNS, issue that knocked out its website.

Although Google maintains that no hacking attempts were the cause of the outage, many users stated that they were being routed to SoGoSearch.com during the specified timeframe.

Google said its engineers are looking into the issue for further investigation and informed that all its global properties are back online and working perfectly. "Google's global properties were unavailable for a short period of time. We've remedied the problem and access to Google has been restored worldwide," said Krane in a statement.

Archived