Console games you want but got no money

myidisbb

this is for people that want to get some money to buy games.

if you are in the usa and near a military base and have access to it you are already set. miltyary bases are go-greens. they force recycle of about everything. also high turn over of people moving in and out. on a military base you can set out just about anything on the curb for trash pickup. you do this looking the day/night before that area's trash pickup day. that leads to interesting things. plus they have a nice thrift store tha tyou can turn stuff in to sell. (also thrift stores off post in cities) you can pickup baby equipment items, desks, computer desks and other wooden items, metal 2-3 piece bedframes are a gold mine also. exercise machines and equipment. also can sell in thrift store the kids and baby clothes. easy $1 or 2 each. you could easy make $200-400 a month doing that.

alumiun pots and pans is more money that you can find.

those brown dumpsters are another gold mine. people will throw their stuff in there if they got too much to throw out. movings and divorces. look at school dumpsters for that and you can find adult mag and tapes too usually once in a while) at the housing area look for vcr tapes with the actually paper cover. that is money for cash or trade in. empty console game black/green jewel cases are money. empty dvd cases are money. so is music cd jewel cases. you usually get twice the amount if you do it for credit/trade instead of cash. so those trades at mam and pap type of used game shops. those places are a good place for cheaper used games and you usually run into new releases being traded in under a week. easy $20 off the orginal cost. lets not forgot the empty console boxes like xbox, ps2, psp, ds and sp. those are money to be traded in too.

off post looking i would pick close together areas of people. like apartments. more families = more goodies.

what does all that get one afterwards and is it worth it you say??? well i have 2 each of cubes, ps2, xbox, ds, sp, gba, (found many dreamcast, sega and N64s) (games for many of them, last week xbox halo 2 disk in a dresster that someone threw out.) 200 console games easy i have gotten, dozen p2p games) plus money to upgrade the computer and blank dvdr's and jewel cases from staples stores. lets not forget the newest console. xbox 360.

all this paid for by my above information. ;) including my dsl cost.

now of course you could spend the money on other things too. you are looking at $3600 easily a year.

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another way, drive around rich neighborhoods on their trash nights and look for DVD players people have thrown out (that aren't obviously bashed into pieces or some shit). take a few of em home (i try to get atleast 5), take the covers off of em and clean the eye of the laser with a q-tip (cotton swab) and some rubbing alcohol. i can pretty much garauntee %80 of them will start working again at this point, time to head to the pawn shop ($25/ea. minimum) ;)

if cleaning the eye doesn't help, you can also try re-greasing all the moving parts (sprockits, tray sliders, etc.). which is the 2nd biggest reason players are thrown out...tray wont open or something (goes for the old PS2s and XBox-1s aswell) ;)

see your local hobby shop for the special grease (forget the term), just tell em "you want the white computer grease shit" :P

another way, drive around rich neighborhoods on their trash nights and look for DVD players people have thrown out (that aren't obviously bashed into pieces or some shit). take a few of em home (i try to get atleast 5), take the covers off of em and clean the eye of the laser with a q-tip (cotton swab) and some rubbing alcohol. i can pretty much garauntee %80 of them will start working again at this point, time to head to the pawn shop ($25/ea. minimum) ;)

if cleaning the eye doesn't help, you can also try re-greasing all the moving parts (sprockits, tray sliders, etc.). which is the 2nd biggest reason players are thrown out...tray wont open or something (goes for the old PS2s and XBox-1s aswell) ;)

see your local hobby shop for the special grease (forget the term), just tell em "you want the white computer grease shit" :P

hehe oh i forgot grills. cast alumiun. you dont want the dirty bottom piece but you can take the top thats held by 2 carter pins. recycle point. good money.

or you could join national guard and do drills 2 days a month for a $20,000 signup bonus :P. if 17 and not yet 18 you are nondeployable too. plus states usually pay 100% educatino cost.

Archived