cant remove mara fix 1.1

sprayism

hi i need ur help!! i have an old vesion of eset nod 32 anti-virus (vesion 4.0.314.0) with mara fix 1.1. i now want to try some other anti-virus software and cant remove the fix everytime i try it asks to remove any fixes before installing this one, no option to remove :( Is there maybe a way to manually remove it? thanks for ur time.

sorry if i posted this in the wrong place im not used to using forums. thanks again.

ps, im using windows xp 32-bit sp3 if that helps.

If theres an other info u might need tell me plz

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mara or box should be able to help you with this. Is it possible to use the latest fix v1.3 to remove your v1.1 fix?

• Administrator

You mean you cannot click unfix button in the box, mara- fix? If you can, what happens when you do so?

Are you sure that the fix is actually installed? Did you already uninstall ESET? If you reinstall then it should overwrite.. then you can uninstall.. Seems redundant but it seems as though it would be a fix for removal..

id try using another fix but is that safe?? it says i must remove any previous fixes before installing a new one. it is installed, its on my service list and the trial resets.

@ dkt27 there is no unfix button thats my problem :(

@ heath28m- are you saying if i reinstall nod32 that will remove the fix?

if admin think i should paste this into the eset v4 fixes section so u can remove this post tell me plz didn't want to as some may c it as spam :)

i will go and look at eset 4 fixes topic again but any help posted here will be very much appeciated

thanks eveyone who replied

Actually no thats not what I meant.. I meant just what I said.. re-install the fix.. then remove it.. If it is the same fix.. then it will only place files which are already in place..Then when you un-install it.. the second time it will remove anything there. Was a theory..

sorry thought u meant re-install nod32, just tryed re-installing the fix it just installs again, and again i tryed 3 times.

is there a way to c which vesion of the fix is installed? incase i got the wrong fix im sure its 1.1 though.

got a feeling im gona have to download all the mara fixes i can find and try them to c if any give me a removal option can i get old fixes from ths site or does mara have his own site?

thanks for input again :)

Have you double-checked your Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs?.. I thought that once your registered the install that it would give you an option to remove it the second time.. If its the old one.. like all the way back to Marsu-fix era.. Followed by Mara then Box-Mara.. I think..then all you have to do is go to your WINDOWS or System32 folder and delete the exe with the ESET icon..One indication of it being the old one would be that there is no additional icon for it n the TaskTray..The more recent ones do.. once you find those files and anything for it in your Programs directory..( delete them ) and clean your registry and it should be gone..

I thought that nobody is using that fix anymore. There was no uninstaller in that time. I added later separate uninstaller/cleaner. Here it is again (attached).

Just run it and click Yes. If on Vista/Win 7 use option Run as administrator.

Cheers ;)

Uninstall Eset Fix.rar

thanks alot mara ur a star :) and ty everone else that posted sorted now thanks :)

now i have another problem when i try un-installing nod32 i get this message

a network error occured while attempting to read from the file c:\windows\installer\eav_nt32_enu.msi, i cant even find that destination folder :/

if u can help plz do :) i feel like accepting defeat and keeping the old version lol

Download the latest installer, upgrade to the latest version and then remove it using the same installer, that should work ;)

If it doesn't .. Look here and try what I recommend there..Post #2. What has probably happened is that either the location of the installer you used is no longer there or the installer has been cleaned or deleted.. Should be easy to fix.. The resolution I offer does basically the same thing that the un-install does but is quicker that messing with all of the round bout ways of doing..and after your done and reboot you should be able to install..IF what shought mentioned does not work..

thanks for all ur reply's i ended up just deleting all traces of it and using a removal tool everything seems ok at the mo :)

yeh gud for u mate...mara and Box fix is the best ;)

That`s for you, not for me !

Did you know NodEnabler, now v. 3.4( all OS -» x86 & x64) can be uninstalled using Add- Remove Programs?

Did you know NodEnabler has a function that permits to remove links that provide Licenses when these are down?

Did you know is possible to add new links that provide Licenses ?

Did you know Nod Enabler has a function to Force updates in case of difficulty to update ?

Did you know NodEnabler can be used hidden (or not) ?

Did you know NodEnabler Updates automatically in time, as soon as new updates are ready from Eset ?

Be happy with NodEnabler... :lol:

Download at "Eset v4 Fixes" Topic.

Let's not start this again, jofre. Every fix has it's own advantages and disadvantages. For example biggest advantage of box, mara- fix is install it and forget about it. That is not he case with NodEnabler or any other fix. Developers are constantly making new versions, I can see every week or two and I would be really annoyed to update the tool every time.

Cheers ;)

NodEnabler usually gives an Interactive Services error when you try to schedule it with ESET. I have not tried it recently but it used to just keep trying servers over and over and never finding a serial while remaining resident in memory.

Annoyed, is do not have updates in time and virus signature database can`t be seen when we put cursor over Eset Icon on taskbar.

and ... it was @ karachidude who started doing publicity to your fix...and then you too. And your Fix also had a lot of versions, remember ?

Cheers

NodEnabler usually gives an Interactive Services error when you try to schedule it with ESET. I have not tried it recently but it used to just keep trying servers over and over and never finding a serial while remaining resident in memory.

------------------------------

NodEnabler new v.3.4 is just perfect .

I scheduled it and nothing wrong found --» PERFECT !

Well, I can say 8 versions including mara- fix. And look at NodEnabler, version 3.4, counting every subversion it's 34 versions :blink:

And virus signature in tray? Really big problem...

Cheers ;)

Not so many versions, of course...

But didn`t end yet...

Next NodEnabler 3.5:-

To add this new feature --» NodEnabler will check for updates of itself, automatically and periodically. This way user do not have to look for a new version at the author`s WebSite, because automatically he will receive this information and updates NodEnabler to the latest version.

That's fine, but it still depends on will author continue to update the tool and depends on databases/web sites that provides licenses, where box, mara- fix does not depend on anything.

Cheers ;)

But annoying at times when you need to click 10 to 20 times for it to updates, isn't it....lol:frusty:

Anyway to each their own!^_^

Let's not start any flaming pls....:o

Archived