newsgroup software

myidisbb

what programs allow to max one's upload speed?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you mean cap, as in limit, your upload speed? :)

i dunno about which clients do, but you could just use something like netlimiter and set an upstream rule for it ;)

you mean cap, as in limit, your upload speed? :)

i dunno about which clients do, but you could just use something like netlimiter and set an upstream rule for it ;)

i try 1.3 version and even increasing the numbers didnt help. i couldnt find a way to upload bin with newsleecher. so i use yencpower post but get a 120-120 peak cap but it only gets around 50. i should be able to get closer to my max of 500. i can already max my downloads :P btw nsane you still have bellsouth right? might want to see if you can increase your speed if you havent already. dang 6.0 is cheaper then the orginal 1.5 price :P

myidisb - 50kB~ upload is about right for 512 upload speed.

I'm on 8MB / 500 and I rarely go over 60kB upload :)

It's just like the download. If I'm on 8MB it doesn't mean I can download at 8MB. I download at 1MB. Bits into Bytes ;)

myidisb - 50kB~ upload is about right for 512 upload speed.

I'm on 8MB / 500 and I rarely go over 60kB upload :)

It's just like the download. If I'm on 8MB it doesn't mean I can download at 8MB. I download at 1MB. Bits into Bytes :P

my bad. i was thinking 6 giving me 750 download and the 500 upload i forgot would be not 500 ;) (sadly i was an A+ advance math student once half my age ago)

oh my 8 mb download be about 3 gbs an hour = 72 gb a day :P hehehe

btw does newsleecher allow uploads of bin files? i couldnt see or figure if it did

Not to sure on that last question... Try looking in their documents on their site / forums. Thing is with Newsgroups it will have to be split anyway as you can't have files over "xyz" MB in size.

From Slyck:

"The reason this is all necessary is that many news servers will not accept messages that are longer than 10,000 lines, many even less than that. A 700 MB movie would take around 15 Million lines if it were encoded into one message -- way too much for any news server to accept. The reason for the first split into rar files is a matter of the nature of the newsgroups : some messages don't make it. For one reason or another messages don't always get to every server. A large file is split up to minimize the time/bandwidth needed to recover from a missing/bad message. So in our example above, if a message doesn't make it for part movie.r08 it would only be necessary to find and download that piece rather than the whole thing if it were all one file. PAR files have emerged making the argument for splitting into rar files even stronger. Luckily for music fans, most mp3's are not split the first time, so downloading them is easy as pie!"

Best thing to do would be to compress the .bin into say 50MB .rar's then upload. It's what is the "norm" anyway. I haven't seen anything other than compressed files, aside from music albums anyway.

i meant binary files. sorry about that. i know newsleecher allows posting of txt message. but is there a way to use it to upload/post binary files, ei rar files.

im using sharkpost v1.0 right now to upload. and its getting close to my "corrected" upload speed. it says 64.9 K/secs is my peak and it looks like they are getting close to it.

oh forogt to say in the other topic, i asked the tech guy for bellsouth and he said they should have 10 gb in a year or 1.5 year. :) hopefully they allow upload to 1-2 mb then

Archived