[Solved] Chrome Safe Browsing warns about Nsane

funkyy

I just updated Firefox to 67.0.2 and suddenly it's giving me a warning about Nsane....anybody else getting this (see screenshot attached). Anyway, they're 8 years too late!!!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Β 

sshot-1.png

• Replies 47
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, don't have this screen with the 67.0.2.Β  You might check Privacy & Security in Options: Content Blocking, exceptions. Β 

Same problem here.

Just lower you privacy settings (alternatively, you can add websites addresses to exceptions)

Β 

bvBctdw.png

OK now !

(no more "Likes" for today...)πŸ˜€

Got this page when navigating to Nsane today. Even got it when submitting this topic.

Β 

Capture.jpg

21 minutes ago, Abacaxi said:

OK now !

(no more "Likes" for today...)πŸ˜€

Β 

Same here 😁  (thx for the tip :) )

FF 67.0.1

Β 

Β 

Im using firefox 68Β  beta. go to options > privacy & security.

then, unselect Block dangerous and deceptive content.

It works for me to get rid the red page.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Just lower you privacy settings (alternatively, you can add websites addresses to exceptions)

Β 

bvBctdw.png

jordan,...I tried your idea above, but couldn't find a solution..bear in mind that I hadn't changed any settings when I updated Firefox. The strange thing was that I could open the Nsane home page, but when I clicked on a category in the "Latest Community Activity" box I immediately got the red screen warning...and this continued each time I clicked on anything else.

SOLUTION:- On the top left side of the search bar next to the green padlock icon is a circle with an exclamation mark inside....I added Nsane to the exceptions category and now everything is fine again. There must have been a settings change when I updated Firefox...first time this has occurred for me. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

20 minutes ago, funkyy said:

There must have been a settings change when I updated Firefox

Β 

No settings change because it's happening to people who are still on FF 67.0.1, and also on Chrome. It's most definitely something going on with the forums or FF/Chromes database of harmful sites, and not on the users end.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, spudboy said:

Β 

No settings change because it's happening to people who are still on FF 67.0.1, and also on Chrome. It's most definitely something going on with the forums or FF/Chromes database of harmful sites, and not on the users end.

Β 

This is true.

Β 

The site ahead may contain harmful programs

Firefox blocked this page because it might try to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).

Β 

Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing.

Β 

I will see what I can do about it.
Β 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Now Chrome says this topic is dangerous. What you guys up to ??

Β 

Every pageΒ topic of the forumΒ subforums are flagged as dangerous on Chrome since this afternoon.

Β 

danger.jpg

Β 

Even the Member Introduction is dangerousΒ :lol:

I typically use Firefox or Chrome, but decided to try to sign in using Edge to see what would happen.Β  I did not get the "The site ahead contains harmful programs" message in case that information is helpful or in case anyone needs another work around. Β 

DeLtAο»Ώ

Some of the pages have been marked as unsafe by google safe browsing , that is the reason for getting that red warning screen.

Β 

Homepage : Β  https://i.imgur.com/87Dsjh7.png

Including this Topic : https://i.imgur.com/b5EasAn.png

Β 

This Can be Fixed via Google Search Console, By Submitting a request to Google That there is nothing harmful on these pages, & Wait for them to Remove it as Unsafe, it Can Take (1-2 Days).

Β 

2 hours ago, SwissMiss said:

I typically use Firefox or Chrome, but decided to try to sign in using Edge to see what would happen.Β  I did not get the "The site ahead contains harmful programs" message in case that information is helpful or in case anyone needs another work around. Β 

Β 

IE11 would probably be the better work around. ;)

Latest vivaldi snapshot: no problem.

Latest palemoon: no problem.

Latest firefox: no problem.

Latest waterfox: no problem.

^_^

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DeLtAο»Ώ said:

Some of the pages have been marked as unsafe by google safe browsing , that is the reason for getting that red warning screen.

Β 

Homepage : Β  https://i.imgur.com/87Dsjh7.png

Including this Topic : https://i.imgur.com/b5EasAn.png

Β 

This Can be Fixed via Google Search Console, By Submitting a request to Google That there is nothing harmful on these pages, & Wait for them to Remove it as Unsafe, it Can Take (1-2 Days).

Β 

Β 

I have found all the pages were reported and removed them. Now we have only to wait on Google to remove nsane.

• Matt locked this topic

Archived