I'm back, my MO.BO. was in coma.

DKT27

• Administrator

Hello everyone.

I'm back after bein offline for 8-9 days. :o

Well my MOBO was in coma, and it took about 7 days as my engineer is a busy guy.

Well I don't understand this problem. When I pushed the power button of my CPU, but there was no screen nordid the CPU speaker beeped, and it automatically turned itself off in 5 seconds after startin it.

At last yesterday my engineer sent his friend to a place where he got it repaired. I got the MOBO at 2am yesterday night. It took me 15mins to get all the wirin right. I'm still facin the same problem but now at least it starts after pressin power button 3-4times.

But new problems have arrived, My HDD doesn't easily get detected, nor in BIOS. I have two HDD, one SATA and one IDE. I have my OS in IDE. If SATA get's detected, IDE doesn't, and same way the other. Now I've made them both work properly. -_-

ANW when I was offline, I was usin my Cell phone to check my emails, I tried to login here but when I open the login page, I was not able to see the username and pass boxes, nor I was able to right anythin. Well my Cell phone is Java enabled but seems it's old now. The only page I was able to see was the main page, I was happy to see the status updates mentionin my username. :D

Well all's well that ends well.

• Replies 36
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea my Mobo was also fried.. But I had a backup pc :P

Well.. It's still to have you back. We all missed ya man :lol:

heyyy,

welcome back DKT,gud to c u back... :D .Now get posting and keep us busy :P

I am very happy to know that it is only a hardware problem and Nothing else :D

We miss you here.

Welcome back :P

• Administrator

Don't worry. I'm 100% safe and fit. Except from natural calamity ofcource.

Well it's good that I'm gonna buy a new PC in Feb, I just cannot stay with this old one. I know it made my life but I'll have to let it go. :(

Welcome back DKT, I see the assassins have failed, :ph34r: I will have to file for a refund. :P

• Administrator

I paid them the double you paid to **** me sooooo....... :lol:

ANW what do you think about this problem I mentioned in the first post?

I paid them the double you paid to **** me sooooo....... :lol:

ANW what do you think about this problem I mentioned in the first post?

Could be the board is dying and needs replacing. Tell me, are the big capacitors around the CPU area swollen, spilled over, or deformed in any way? Could also be a dying power supply I would think.

• Administrator

No. I don't see any of the capacitors bein like that. Nor I see anythin replaced here. And that man took $10 for it. :o . That's quite high as per the prices here if he had replaced any of the capacitor if you ask me.

Well you know I'm kinda guy that keeps the MOBO in a really good way. But my PSU sucks. I wont replace but I'll get a whole new CPU.

One more question. Last night, I fully removed everythin from my CPU case and attached everythin again within 20mins. So what do you think, can I make a CPU? As I feel my engineer wont have time to make one.

For a new PC after 3 months of working (without Infant mortality) if everything is OK

The problems from the common one to the rare :

1- cables, connections

2- HD dying or died

3- Power Supply

4- Heat and dust inside the case

5- RAM

6- Motherboard

7- CPU

For the electronics parts, the weakest is the Capacitors (chemical). The best Capacitors are made in Japan

The worst ones (cheapest) are made in China (I am not saying that Chinese products are bad).

The motherboard suffer only from the time going by on the capacitors. the later cannot live a long time.

The Power Supply also suffer the same thing. It can die suddenly or in a more vicious way (it take time to die, but do not

provide enough current to the motherboard nor to the HD when instantaneously needed to spin the plates from Idle.

So I will do this :

1- Change my PSU for a CORSAIR one

2- IF my motherboard is older than 5 years (minimum) than I change it

• Administrator

Some useful info there. Thanx.

I'll wait till Feb.

Yeah I was kind of leaning towards Power Supply Unit too.. by the description of the problem.. either that or the fan died ad the heat is causing it to shut off.. I have seen that before too.. there was so much accumulation of dirt around and in the fan that it would barely turn if at all.. and no heat was being channeled away.. so after being on for about 5-15 min.. it would just die.. ( this was on a old HP 360n.. to give you some idea ).. then when you would try to start it would get to where you had to reset it on the back and try to turn it on only for it to cycle..

BUT anyway.. Glad to see you back.. I was wondering what happened to you.. thought maybe something swallowed you alive on a date or something.. ( You how these teenage things go ).. Anyway.. hope it all works out! :P

• Administrator

Well let me tell you that PSU may be a problem but it didn't need to repaired to make my PC work. Problem was only in the MOBO.

As far as fan is concerned, I keep my processor fan as clean as it can be. I have a heatsink fan and I have many ways to remove dirt from it in addition to q-tip. Well nowadays, after properly applyin the heatsink paste, my CPU never gets above 55 degree C(I have P4).

Well when my computer was unable to start the OS, it showed NTLDR is missing error, I googled and I got my answer. It's good that I have some extra skills to make a device work. Otherwise I wont be sittin here. -_-

Don't worry no one has eaten me or swallowed me alive. :D . Well seriously, don't consider me as an teenager. I'm as responsible as a 35 year old person, that's my hereditary. :P

LOL.. well it wasn't about responsibility.. Someone here will put 2 and 2 together.. and realize WHAT.. it was that swallowed you alive.. :lmao: Only a joke about young love and bodies still young enough to work properly...so anyway.. Yeah the fan on the CPU won't cause what I am talking about.. there should be one in the PSU..

• Administrator

OK. I thought you were talkin about the CPU fan. ANW, it's clean(PSU fan), as it's not inside warranty, I open and clean it quite often. And no, it's not gone bad because of me openin it, I'm openin PSUs from last five years.

Well I did understand your joke at the first sight but I don't wanna take the subject of the tread away. ;)

• Administrator

Thanx for the site. I'll have a look. :)

• Administrator

Hey it's between you and me. :secret:

Yes he was, but I paid him for not stalking me. Now he stalks shought. :lol:

ANW Thanx. :)

Welcome back, DKT27. I was wondering what had happened to you. I'm glad to hear that it was nothing super serious like a health problem or something like that. (Although it was the health of your computer, at least it wasn't your health.)

• Administrator

Thanx.

Well it wasn't any health problem.

I remember, last month I was havin a viral fever, my temp was high, and a lot of more problems, but my father is a medicine man, a microbiologist and a druggist, he diagnosed it fast, it took me a whole week to recover by takin high level antibiotics. But the point is, I never stopped contributin here, and never will stop to do so. ;)

• Administrator

Hey cmon. I was offline for just eight-nine days. You are makin me feel I was offline for a year or so. :lol:

Archived