anti malware question

myidisbb

i have malwarebytes and superanti pro installed on vista 64. plus s&d. will mal and sup mess things up having both? or just as long as only one enable real time protection? im going with mal being the only real time protection base on reviews posted here. any thoughts?

i notice mal found the dont steal our software and hijack display properties. i think sup protection the jdp and dsos is the crack for mal. anyway, the dsos found in the recycle bin so that can go. the jdp one mal site said was okay and to be whitelisted. a vista 64 problem

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only one has its resident protection activated then you should be fine. But, IMHO you don't really need all of them (or any of them for that matter), get a decent antivirus/security suite which will have a built-in antimalware and that will do the trick.

I would suggest you get a decent antivirus (I use Norton 2010) then use any b/w superantispyware or malwarebytes for real-time malware/spyware protection.

• Administrator

Keep them installed but don't run them both in live protection.

I would say, keep superanti for live protection etc, and keep MBAM for Full Computer scan, etc. as MBAM is not really good in live protection.

If you are an advanced user i would say that you should install:

1. Norton AntiVirus 2010. For realtime protection. <For all users>

2. Online Armor Firewall. For Firewall and Programm Guard (Doesnt matter which application or file gets executed, OA stops it from starting and asks you first. So no malicous programm can start without your "allow" or "block". And also if a untrusted programm is trying to do dangerous activity or logging what you type, OA warns and asks you!) <For advanced users only>

3. Malwarebytes Anti Malwarware. Without Realtime protection, just for scans every 2-3 moths.<For all users>

I am using since a few months this combination and it doesnt slow down your computer or make troubles.

Superantispyware or S&D are just slowing down the computer.

I would uninstall them! Dont just stop the realtime protection and say i use it for scans, i tryed that allready and your computer is still very slow even you stop it from autostarting.(It loads dll's to other processes even when it is not running)

I mean whats to point to use 4 or 5 security softwares if your computer works 40% slower with them....

If you need a valid key for Norton Av 2010 and Online Armor Firewall, then i can give you one for them!

Personally I have lost all faith in MalwareBytes, even with the realtime scanner disabled it creates problems at startup when it loads its backend service. I removed it altogether from all my systems until they get their act together. PS I don't believe norton 2010 needs help from MBAM, their pulse updates make them ready for zero day outbreaks and Norton's detection rate is high enough to possibly overlap that of MBAM. No official evidence to support that though, :P it's just my theory.

Personally I have lost all faith in MalwareBytes, even with the realtime scanner disabled it creates problems at startup when it loads its backend service. I removed it altogether from all my systems until they get their act together. PS I don't believe norton 2010 needs help from MBAM, their pulse updates make them ready for zero day outbreaks and Norton's detection rate is high enough to possibly overlap that of MBAM. No official evidence to support that though, :P it's just my theory.

i was surprise that they finally made mbam for vista 64. i did notice problems with it and windows def bloacking it at startup on a few comptuers i installed the 32 on for friends.

do any of you see a problem or have idea or thoughts on what i have/doing below?

went with the following on the laptop

este suite (used b/m)

alcohol (waiting for a good key/loader)

daemon tool

virtual clonedrive

nero

clonecd

game jackal

damn nfo

hj-split

quickpar

universal extractor

winrar

foxit

getdiz (uninstalled b/c it changed/showed diz,ini, nfo, txt into txt icon files)

clonedvd2

k-lite codec & 64 pack

anydvd

malwarebytes (uac keeps asking for it to be approve before running)

spybot

superantispyware (looking at making this run real protection mode)

ccleaner

ultimatedefrag

tuneup utilities 2010

office 2007 blue

everything updated or fresh newest installment expect elaborate and slysoft batch.

going to be using

2 thermaltake blakx duet (8 tb total hd) (wd green does get a bit hot not sure b/c of both next to each other in the duet docking station)

1 thermaltake blacx usb (1 tb hd) (newsleecher data and downloaded go there first)

Archived