Google Romance

Samurai

Pin All Your Romantic Hopes on Google

When you think about it, love is just another search problem. And we’ve thought about it. A lot. Google Romance™ is our solution.

Google Romance is a place where you can post all types of romantic information and, using our Soulmate Search™, get back search results that could, in theory, include the love of your life. Then we'll send you both on a Contextual DateTM, which we'll pay for while delivering to you relevant ads that we and our advertising partners think will help produce the dating results you're looking for.

With Google Romance, you can:

Upload your profile – tell the world who you are, or, more to the point, who you’d like to think you are, or, even more to the point, who you want others to think you are.

Search for love in all (or at least a statistically significant majority of) the right places with Soulmate Search, our eerily effective psychographic matchmaking software.

Endure, via our Contextual Dating option, thematically appropriate multimedia advertising throughout the entirety of your free date.

Google Romance - Homepage

Google Romance Tour - Homepage

Enjoy :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to compete with some other match making sites. Hmmmm. This is certainly a weird topic for google to go to, but if it includes search; they are there.

I stumbled on that from Google's homepage, and my very first reaction was "You've gotta be kidding me" while laughing at it because it was such a good play on all those online dating things. :)

Google offered a service called Google Romance, through which users are allegedly able to find their soul mate.

“When you think about it, love is just another search problem. And we’ve thought about it. A lot. Google Romance is our solution. Google Romance is a place where you can post all types of romantic information and, using our Soulmate Search, get back search results that could, in theory, include the love of your life. Then we'll send you both on a Contextual Date, which we'll pay for while delivering to you relevant ads that we and our advertising partners think will help produce the dating results you're looking for,” the Google Romance start page says.

Obviously, when you try to upload your profile or search something on Romance, you are shown an error page telling you it’s a joke.

I m not sure if Lite knew this but its a April Fools Joke :sneaky:

• Administrator

Of course i knew it was an april fools joke :fear: , just like google's previous attempts at jokes, but why was my name brought into this? I didn't even look at this thread until now :sneaky:

Of course i knew it was an april fools joke :think: , just like google's previous attempts at jokes, but why was my name brought into this? I didn't even look at this thread until now :sneaky:

name was brout up by mistake wanted to say sam...lite came out... :fear:

Rudeboy2025

You guys didn't even celebrate the 1 year anniversary of this forum? ;)

Archived