[Solved] I am looking for free online storage of at least 1TB.

solitario

Hello, I'm looking for online backup hosting. It has to be some place that provides a lot of space. Thank you for any suggestion. Regards.

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moved from Security & Privacy Center.

(File hosting, so better here)

Best option is buy you a synology disk station.

you can place all you want on there.

? free ?

2 hours ago, solitario said:

Hello, I'm looking for online backup hosting. It has to be some place that provides a lot of space. Thank you for any suggestion. Regards.

Your wish is good, but you can't find it. I've been looking for myself the same thing for about 10 or more years, till now have no success.
The last one, where such an opportunity was offered was Zools, but it was also a scam. It has now expired and all free users have been deleted, also all their backups.

Free means that they can do anything with your data including deleting it whenever they need to.

i don't trust even paid ones!

An ad hoc storage solution is the best way to go nowadays as @eurobyn  mentioned.

You'll have your own file server, stream media files and more, . Just take a look at what you can do with it.

We have a proverb in Spanish that say "Cuando la limosna es grande, hasta el santo desconfía" (When the alms are great until the saint mistrusts). Nothing is for free on this life and that applies to online storage services too. Even if you can find what you are looking for, for sure it will have a cost someday. Forcing you to a paid premium service or by the lost of your uploaded files.

Topic marked as solved.

I use a few free online storage. I got space like 50 GB, 100 GB 1 Tb from giveaways. But what I store online is mostly garbage. 🤣

17 hours ago, solitario said:

Solved.

What is the solution then?

Other forumers would likely like to know about your findings.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, Kalju said:

Your wish is good, but you can't find it. I've been looking for myself the same thing for about 10 or more years, till now have no success.
The last one, where such an opportunity was offered was Zools, but it was also a scam. It has now expired and all free users have been deleted, also all their backups.

Missed the cloud.mail.ru promo from Jan 2014? 

They were giving away 1TB of could storage for free. As far as I can tell, there are no restrictions set on those accounts. 

Spoiler

1y4r4uE.jpg

1 hour ago, Myna said:

Missed the cloud.mail.ru promo from Jan 2014? 

They were giving away 1TB of could storage for free. As far as I can tell, there are no restrictions set on those accounts. 

Reveal hidden contents

WOW

Archived