Bellsouth DSL

myidisbb

for the bell babies.

1.5 265 $32.95

3.0 384 $37.95

6.0 512 $46.95

Louisiana and Georgia customers get screwed and have to have retail local voice service.

FastAccess DSL Lite - $34.95

FastAccess DSL Ultra - $42.95

FastAccess DSL Xtreme - $47.95

FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0 - $56.95

anyway, 3.0 and 6.0 allow for free Static IP Address but i can keep my my dynamic instead. my question is have any of you upgrade to 3.0 or 6.0 from bellsouth or other such bell companies. and is static IP worth using? pro and cons on it. (the web site talk about it helping with games online and company networks)

• Replies 3
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

update after 1 hour. they had said it would take 1 to 2 days and get a email saying if i was able to upgrade my dsl. while after just 1 hour my newsleecher on auto setting now says max 771.0KB/s . :D holy ...............cow batman.

can someone stell me if that about right? 6 * 1024 / 8 = 768?

Yup, 6 * 1024 / 8 = 768

Stick to a dynamic IP, better for security.

security part was what i was thinking. plus i would think they, as in anyone, could collect too much informatin on a static IP. bad enough when i google i can actually find something from 9 years ago that i type :D

anyway g d (sorry for swear words) for $13 dollars more i get 4 times the speed. man.., shaking head. dang, 10 years of using the web internet. wow. all these kids/teens dont know how lucky they are to live in this age of ours. when i was in high school only geeks and nerds took computer class. no one had lcomputers or laptops in 91. and now, tiny cellphones, all these eletric toys. i remember my LtCol in 94 having 1400 modem speed. i had 48 at 96 my first time going to the web. later to 56k afterwards. (poor guy that made the software to get 56k got screwed, saw him on a tv tech show once) japan 25 mb and hong kong 100-to a 1gb internet. europe and usa needs to keep increasing in speed. its hard to think what will there be 10 years from now, beside ps5 :D

Archived