Generic Huawei Mobile Partner

Sl@pSh0ck™

I am using a Huawei e160 modem, I just upgraded the firmware and uninstalled my ISP's connection manager and installed Huawei's generic Mobile Partner instead (upgrade), the problem is everytime I clicked on the Mobile Partner icon to open it, it does't come up, it would just show the start up screen then nothing ... I checked task manager and it is not running at all. I want to open it to set up APN for my ISP, but the good thing is that i can still connect to the internet, weird :unsure: ... Pls assist guys on how to make mobile partner run. I'm using windows vista home basic sp2, I uninstalled my isp's connection manager using Your Uninstaller.

UPDATE:

I can open Mobile Partner if running on safe mode ... but in normal mode it just show the spalshscreen and nothing happens. I connect to the internet via cfosspeed.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4life are you on an ANOLOG MODEM?

This is not an analog modem bro ..... its a wireless broadband modem with 3.6mbps speed which relies solely on 3G or 3.5G connection.

I am using a Huawei e160 modem, I just upgraded the firmware and uninstalled my ISP's connection manager and installed Huawei's generic Mobile Partner instead (upgrade), the problem is everytime I clicked on the Mobile Partner icon to open it, it does't come up, it would just show the start up screen then nothing ... I checked task manager and it is not running at all. I want to open it to set up APN for my ISP, but the good thing is that i can still connect to the internet, weird :unsure: ... Pls assist guys on how to make mobile partner run. I'm using windows vista home basic sp2, I uninstalled my isp's connection manager using Your Uninstaller.

UPDATE:

I can open Mobile Partner if running on safe mode ... but in normal mode it just show the spalshscreen and nothing happens. I connect to the internet via cfosspeed.

if of any comfort- I had similar problems and since first successful reinstall(re'delivery) back up whole load pf folders (prog Files, C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data... and keeping copies safe) honestly, if you tried to modify and failed, only conversation without mentioning such to your internet provider and delivery of new (just of original firmware etc) modem will help(as drive is read only)!; else there is always http://forum.huawei.com/jive4/category.jspa?categoryID=3 - ask there dude! (must register etc)

Best of luck!

UPDATE:

if of any comfort- I had similar problems and since first successful reinstall(re'delivery) back up whole load pf folders (prog Files, C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data... and keeping copies safe) honestly, if you tried to modify and failed, only conversation without mentioning such to your internet provider and delivery of new (just of original firmware etc) modem will help(as drive is read only)!; else there is always http://forum.huawei.com/jive4/category.jspa?categoryID=3 - ask there dude! (must register etc)

Best of luck!

Your right, contacting my provider would be my last option for that would surely mess up my day :angry: (customer service sucks!) I'll check this link you gave ... thanks.

sorry double post ... my connection is acting up :blink:

Archived