NAV 2010 problems after system restore.

Sl@pSh0ck™

After doing a system restore my NAV 2010 has f*cked up ... it is showing as having outdated signature, real time protection is turned off for antivirus, antispyware and email. It wouldn't allow me to turn them on. Whats the best course of action here aside from doing a fresh install. :frusty:

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What had happened was that the registry info and file names don't match. Windows restored the registry and caused a mismatched for Norton. Reinstalling Norton is the easiest fix.

What had happened was that the registry info and file names don't match. Windows restored the registry and caused a mismatched for Norton. Reinstalling Norton is the easiest fix.

Thanks Box ... Norton is up and running again after a clean reinstall.

Next time you should also disable tamper protection of norton if you use system restore!

Norton blocks actions while using system restore.

Next time you should also disable tamper protection of norton if you use system restore!

Thanks BBs I'll keep that in mind .... but I hope no more system restore for me. :lol:

Just a general tip:

Try to avoid topic names like "NAV 2010 f*cked up", it is very vague. It is better to have more descriptive topic titles so that if another user searches for similar problems he/she will have an easier time finding the solution here. I already adjusted this title but if you want any changes made just send me a PM and I'll be glad to help. ;)

Just a general tip:

Try to avoid topic names like "NAV 2010 f*cked up", it is very vague. It is better to have more descriptive topic titles so that if another user searches for similar problems he/she will have an easier time finding the solution here. I already adjusted this title but if you want any changes made just send me a PM and I'll be glad to help. ;)

No problem at all Leetpirate, and thanks for adjusting the title for me. Sorry my bad :frusty:

Just a general tip:

May I also suggest you add the prefix [sOLVED] to the title?

Windows system restore is a system restore. The system restore process takes place before Norton runs. So, there is no point in disabling the tamper protection. The registry file is a part of Windows' system files. Norton's files are not part of Windows's system restore. So it doesn't matter how you set up Norton, a Windows system restore will mess up Norton.

You might be able to get away by doing this.

If you need to do a system restore, figure out what [date] you want to restore Windows to. Set your pc clock to that date and restart. This will sync the Norton's registry info with the files to the same date. Then do a system restore. Yes, it is messy. Not even sure that it will work. The easiest way is to just reinstall Norton.

If you rely on system restore, please switch to Rollback, EAZfix, or AyRecovery. (I use AyRecovery.) Then sleep well at night.

Archived