view problem

myidisbb

i have notice messages with replies but no views for it. if there is a reply there should at least be 1 view for each reply

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe views are cached, so they're not instantly updated. Not too sure though, but that would be the only explanation other than some kind of error.

Replies though are not cached, it would be kind of silly caching them, you see.

I believe views are cached, so they're not instantly updated. Not too sure though, but that would be the only explanation other than some kind of error.

Replies though are not cached, it would be kind of silly caching them, you see.

usually if i look in my message i post it makes a view 1. im guessing an error then. nothing biggy just something that caught my eyes

I see, maybe Lite should have a look at it, but as you said, it's no biggy.

@your signature

You don't have to worry about that, we only occasionally prune the Members group and even then only users with zero posts and no visits for the last year are removed ;)

It's like shought said, a caching problem.. I self am having the same problem. Try hitting ctrl+F5, that would clear your cache. :)

No no, I don't mean a caching problem on your browser's side, but server-side. The server caches the topic views, I suppose. (I know this function is there, I just can't check whether it's on or off ;))

Archived