Firefox General Discussion Thread

Patrick

• Replies 45
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F11 is full screen here Bizarre.. unless yo have an extension or on Linux or something..

@Sacred Cultivator - Your problem has probably been solved by the newest version of the Beta..

SacredCultivator

@DKT27: Nopes =/, but just happy that the problem got solved. Either it was the checkCompatibility or latest Beta, unno, but just happy it's fixed.

• Administrator

Just for keeps. If you don't do this about:config way. If you even install a incompatible addon, don't allow it to check for compatibility > restart > MR Tech Tool Kit options > make all the addons compatible.

SacredCultivator

Just curious.. Is there an Add-on that PREVENTS other tabs to open?

Example... If you load a site and it loads another page (Advertisement) in a new tab.

Is there a way to stop that? I mean I know Adblock Plus sorta does that, for ads, but not too sure if it's possible to stop a "pop-up" (Since I set FF to open pop-ups in a new tab, instead of window).

Not too sure if that makes sense, but I thought I would ask.

• Administrator

Tools > Options > Content > Check (tick) block pop-ups windows. If you wanna stop them. ;)

SacredCultivator

@DKT27: Hehe, it is ticked =).

But some still get through, and in TabMixPlus, I set it so if there is a pop-up, it opens in a new tab instead of well... a pop-up.

It's not really a big problem, but just thought I'd ask.

• Administrator

Well there are soo many options in tab mix plus, I usually don't know or forget them.:blink:

I have noticed that in several instances Tab Mix Plus seems to have an issue.. some external sites will load as if the belonged to the same domain as the site your on, and in some cases.. if the domain differs slightly.. even on the same IP it will still open a new tab.. Its rare when it happens.. but it does..

You might look around at the site.. there a BUNCH of tab control extensions that do everything from changing them colors to turning them into CoverFlow..

If you are using Illimitux for watching MegaVideo then here is an alternative:

javascript:s1=document.getElementById('playerbg').innerHTML.toString();s2=escape(s1.substr(s1.indexOf('flashvars.un'),128));location.href='http://www.maxedroom.com/videos/MaxMegaVideo.html?input='+s2;

Add it to your favorites or bookmark it.

Whenever your limit is reached just put that on the address bar and your limit will be lifted.

http://www.maxedroom.com/videos/MaxMegaVideo.html

• 1 month later...

Not happy with the removal of the "Properties" context menu item in Firefox 3.6?

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=513147

This add-on helped me out:

Element Properties 5

Returns the 'Properties' menu item that was removed in Firefox 3.6 to the context menu.

Download page

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/14228/

Before:

33erjg9.jpg

With add-on installed:

ae47l1.jpg

• Administrator

Really really thanx Jalaffa. Trying it now. :)

• Administrator

Still after installing > restarting > I don't see properties menu here. Tried it on links, images, text, etc. :(

Is this really a bug or did they just start using the 'View Image Info' option? .. and the click on the favicon.. 'More information' Items? I mean Properties was easy access.. but I hardly ever used these items..

• Administrator

All I know is I wasn't able to see properties after I updated to v3.6 and even after getting this addon installed, I'm unable to see it. :sadwalk:

All I know is I wasn't able to see properties after I updated to v3.6 and even after getting this addon installed, I'm unable to see it. :sadwalk:

I seem to have two separators on mine that is missing something in between but not sure if its the Properties or not..

Is this really a bug or did they just start using the 'View Image Info' option? .. and the click on the favicon.. 'More information' Items? I mean Properties was easy access.. but I hardly ever used these items..

Firefox decided to remove it from the context menu. I use that properties option in the context menu a lot. And to have to start copying a link to the clipboard for viewing I found annoying.

Edit:

I see Marik. Maybe you have an add-on enabling it? Firefox has deliberately removed it (read the bug report).

I see..yeah and the Favicon link for details is a bit overdone for something like that..( knowing me though, I would use it..LOL ) Marik has the same empty separator section I do on mine.. I used to use properties for file details.. like difference in image sizes.. kb and px both.. After I typed that I went to the add-on page and found the bug # and all that.. Kind of odd.. in a way I can see why they would remove it as un-necessary but for some I think it offers ease of accessibility to the feature.... I mean you can see the link in your Status Bar BUT half of the time its too long to view properly... I wouldn't have noticed until months down the road.. LOL

This is what I have, and I don't know what might activate it haha

Generated: Wed Jan 27 2010 19:56:25 GMT+0200 (GTB Standard Time)

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Build ID: 20100115144158

Enabled Extensions: [20]

- Adblock Plus 1.1.3

- Adobe DLM (powered by getPlus®) 1,6,2,44

- Boss Key 0.2.1

- Download Statusbar 0.9.6.5

- Element Properties 5

- Fasterfox Lite 3.8.2Lite

- Flagfox 3.3.20

- Google Toolbar for Firefox 3.1.20090119W

- Greasemonkey 0.8.20091209.4

- IDM CC 6.8

- Java Console 6.0.18

- Java Quick Starter 1.0

- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1

- MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.4

- Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.3

- Personas 1.5.1

- Screengrab 0.96.2

- SkipScreen 0.4.3.s

- User Agent Switcher 0.7.2

- WindowsUpdate 1.1.12

Disabled Extensions: [4]

- CustomizeGoogle 0.76

- Firefox Throttle 1.1

- Google Gears 0.5.33.0

- IE Tab 1.5.20090525

Total Extensions: 24

Installed Themes: [1]

Installed Plugins: (25)

- Adobe Acrobat

- Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla

- getPlusPlus for Adobe 16244

- Google Earth Plugin

- Google Update

- Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.180.7

- Java™ Platform SE 6 U11

- Java™ Platform SE 6 U18

- Microsoft Office Live Plug-in for Firefox

- Microsoft® DRM

- Microsoft® Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin

- Mozilla Default Plug-in

- RealJukebox NS Plugin

- RealPlayer Version Plugin

- RealPlayer™ G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)

- Shockwave Flash

- Shockwave for Director

- Silverlight Plug-In

- VLC Multimedia Plug-in

- Winamp Application Detector

- Windows Genuine Advantage

- Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

- Windows Presentation Foundation

- Yahoo Application State Plugin

- Yahoo! BrowserPlus Plugin

Archived