Help with Malware saveMax Store

jramon2566

Hello, I'm checking my niece's laptop, this computer has windows 8.1 because it has a malware or something like that, because when you log in opens the default browser with a page whose address is www2.savemax.store.
This is not normal and apparently was infected with a pendrive.
If someone can tell me how to remove it and make it work well again, I appreciate it.
PS: the computer had installed an "avast antivirus" that I don't know who put it which I removed and put the simantec endpoint to examine it.

Excuse my bad English

PS: I did a scan with zemana antimalware and got a couple of bugs but it's still the same.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MrZeb said:

1-make sure to run Malwarebytes in safe mode!

2-When done reboot and run Adwcleaner. Check every item found by Adwcleaner before deleting items because it wants to remove items that don't need to be removed (so use with caution!). After checking all items (and unchecking those you don't want removed) reboot.

3-again run a scan with malwarebytes. If everything is clean reset your browser to default settings.

4-clean your pc with privazer. When done reboot and check if the browser is ok. If all is ok set your search engine etc.

15 hours ago, MrZeb said:

That is only a automated page generated to trick users to install the SpyHunter crap that will not remove nothing without paying!

Yes If you're Willing to Get Tricked, Other Than Few Lines Of Promotion On Spyhunter That Page Contain 6 Steps Which Are Useful In Removal Of www2.savemax.store Adware.

Its Easy to Call A Software Crap. If you don't know How To Use One, it'll Become Crap for you. I Have Used Spyhunter In Past & It Worked For me, Maybe Not For You.

No Need to Pay For It, A Forum Search can Get you Whatever Software you're Looking For.

5 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:

@jramon2566 what's the status now?

Apparently he's from Venezuela. People there sadly have constant blackouts. Maybe that's why he hasn't updated about his issue.

22 hours ago, anakin206 said:

Apparently he's from Venezuela. People there sadly have constant blackouts. Maybe that's why he hasn't updated about his issue.

It's right between my work and the constant power outages and communications failures I haven't been able to return to the laptop.
But I think that with what Skunk1966 recommends I should be able to fix it or I go for the option to format completely, we'll see...
At the moment I have electricity but we don't know for how long...
and the internet ABA of CANTV comes and goes every second

On 3/29/2019 at 8:17 AM, Skunk1966 said:

@jramon2566 what's the status now?

I'm waiting for the energy service and the internet to stabilize (if it happens) to take up the laptop case. Thank you for your recommendations...

Archived