games and software install on the computer

myidisbb

right now i install stuff like games on my C: drive. well, todays games tend to take up 1 to 4 GB in size now. what i was wondering would it be okay to install on a different internal harddrive or usb 2.0 them on any externel one? would i see degrade using another harddrive inside or outside my computer? my c:drive i have left as 120 gb sata even after i had to replace it. (there wasnt any larger sata ones at that time period. and a fresh installment of windows sp1 doesnt actually see haddrives over 137gb until afterwards) my other 2 harddrives inside the computer are 300 gb eide ones that i partation in 1/3rd after the fresh installment of sp1 and having to get the 2 sp2 patches to protect larger harddrives that sp1 didnt really do. and i have an empty sata slot for later use. i got quiete a few external harddrives. 3 ghz with 2 gb ram. my only future problem should be my video card. it was new 2 years ago ;) ati 9800 pro 128 mb. well its about at the bottem on the list on some of the new games.

well im at it. the vitrual page file. do you let xp control it? put on its own parition harddrive etc?

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go internal if possible, USB is ALOT slower that an IDE or SATA slot (USBs are good for backups and stuff...not for normal usage tho) ;)

go internal if possible, USB is ALOT slower that an IDE or SATA slot (USBs are good for backups and stuff...not for normal usage tho) ;)

yeah im hoping to move files around. might be able to free up the space on one of the internal harddrives that i have 3 partiations on and make it one whole one. i hate it when i install a game where i want in on c: drive in my game folder and it installs crap in other places too.

harry potter and spellforce did that.

going to try to get back into playing games. i figure i need to upgrade my dsl to 3.0 or 6 if they finally got it. that increase the download speed and in the end means i get the stuff in newsgroups much faster. though i fear it will make me increase what i want too ;)

oh btw thanks admin for fixing "my last 10 posts" the links work now and it shows up right on the screen instead of to the far right side

Archived