[Solved] Repair Damaged Excel Workbook

jackadision

jackadision

My Excel file contains lots of plenty data approx. 50 pages with formulas and references. This also contains tables and formatting, but when I try to open the Excel file, it shows the error message Excel file corrupted and cannot be opened. I tried running the open and repair inbuilt tool, but this won’t help me.

Pls help me to restore the corrupted Excel workbook along with the data. Thanks in advance..!!

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lorien_jones

Hello, @jackadision, 

Try to save your Excel file to different Excel version and try opening the files.

Or else set the automatic calculation to manual as the workbook won’t be recalculated and may open.

Hope this works for you to repair corrupted workbook.

However, you can also go through the article to check other plenty of other solution to repair and recover corrupt Excel file.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-a-corrupted-workbook-153a45f4-6cab-44b1-93ca-801ddcd4ea53

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/1079312-excel-corrupt-file.html

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

@jackadision  In case you haven't solved your problem yet, have you tried Systools Excel Recovery?

SysTools Excel Recovery software is ultra quick & best Excel Repair Tool that recovers corrupted or damaged Excel Workbook, Worksheet / Spreadsheet data created in MS Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. Excel Recovery Tool exhibits advanced features for Excel Document recovery of content from multiple corrupted workbooks & recover Excel Worksheet in one go. This Excel File Recovery software specifically recover Excel sheet data after crash & fix MS Excel file error. Don’t panic! Try this excellent Excel Workbook Recovery utility.

If you don't know where to get it I can PM you a link.

Some months ago a friend of mine overwrite an Excel file with another one.

He solved the problems by open an old file and adding the data again.

My question:

If someone overwrite an Excel file. Is there a way to recover it?

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks for the information.

• Karlston changed the title to [Solved] Repair Damaged Excel Workbook

Marked topic as solved.

@jackadision   Please consider posting here how you fixed your corrupt spreadsheet. May help others in the same predicament.

Archived