Mozilla Firefox Quantum 66.0

Karamjit

Firefox Quantum is the latest web browser developed by the Mozilla Foundation, it is powered by the Servo web browser layout engine and the incredibly fast and smooth Photon UI. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as the old Gecko powered Firefox, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from Mozilla's advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and let you do what you do best: surf a ton of pages, open a zillion tabs, all guilt free because Firefox Quantum uses less memory than the competition. Your computer will thank you.

Thanks to ARMOUR for the update.

Download

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Firefox Quantum 65.0.2 and says It has latest update. So 66 is still not widely available

EDITED 03-17-2019 11:02 ET - Updated.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, luisam said:

I have Firefox Quantum 65.0.2 and says It has latest update. So 66 is still not widely available

They take time to release to everyone. We are always faster if not fastest than whole internet to post updates on it. :P

Tried this but I'm not satisfied and convinced. It phones to Motherfox. 🦊 How can I turn autoupdate off? Is there versions without autoupdate as Google Chrome does have?

28 minutes ago, Radpop said:

Tried this but I'm not satisfied and convinced. It phones to Motherfox. 🦊 How can I turn autoupdate off? Is there versions without autoupdate as Google Chrome does have?

Disable updates from settings, if doesn't help, open installation direktory (Usually Mozilla Firefox) and rename, delete or do what You want with this file updater.exe

The simplest is to make so [updater.exe] and updater is blocked, if You need it again, simply remove [ ]

Interesting! Didn't change anything but all phoning stopped. Can't access internet using 66 and ublock. With Adblock Plus access happens but so slow. And there is some issue: A+ asks reinstall every time I open Firefox.  With Adguard can't filter https. What Firefox user can do against ads? 🤢

6 minutes ago, Radpop said:

Interesting! Didn't change anything but all phoning stopped. Can't access internet using 66 and ublock. With Adblock Plus access happens but so slow. And there is some issue: A+ asks reinstall every time I open Firefox.  With Adguard can't filter https. What Firefox user can do against ads? 🤢

use noscript in conjunction with privacy badger and manually add rules. i also recommends https everywhere.

21 hours ago, Radpop said:

How can I turn autoupdate off ?

Several month ago, it was already explain by myself in another topic (about the browser Firefox) ! Despite this fact, @Radpop you just need to follow those instructions :

• to create a folder called "distribution"
  • Then inside this folder, you will need to create a file called "policies.json"
  • To finish, recopy the code (as below)
{
  "policies":
  {
    "DisableAppUpdate": true
  }
}

Otherwise you can use the addon Enterprise Policy Generator if you want to discover all the settings.

PS : If you met a trouble :

• backup the Firefox profile to save all the data. After that you can create a new profile.
  • Once it's done, you must don't forget to restart the browser (and to delete the previous profile).

Tried couple of days latest 65-64bit, and there were only little problems like this enforced autoupdate feature. Then upgraded to 66 and nothing works, add-ons gone quirky, internetting problems and so on. I even tried fresh start but no luck. 🤯 This was my second Quantum try after it arrived. Maybe easier browsers suits better for me.

I have noticed the installers (specifically the setup.exe iirc) is calling 'home' in the past few releases.

I think it was connecting to an amazon CDN but I didn`t look into it any further as I just blocked it.

66 seems faster and less laggy to cold load, I`m wondering if it`s due to the new shader-cache folder (which is something to do with webrender I believe).

+1 for that at least 👍

I did first uninstall and afterwards reinstall all my addons due to the storage changes, I noticed the 'browser-extension-data' folder has now disappeared.

Except for one userchrome problem that needed fixing, no problems otherwise.

I played yesterday taiwanese youtube metal and dried afterwards Firefox cache many ways like BD Optimizer, Privazer and KCleaner. Today I reinstalled Firefox and added search tools using add-ons search. Hilarious coincident! Taiwanese search engines were top on the list although I used good VPN, dnscrypt, WebRTC block and Firefox antitracking tools when I played that excellent metal. :rockon:

1 hour ago, xpkRAKE said:

I did first uninstall and afterwards reinstall all my addons due to the storage changes, I noticed the 'browser-extension-data' folder has now disappeared.

What then happened to add-ons? Maybe cleaners eat them because they are now stored differently. Earlier extension settings were stored in JSON files, but now extensions use a Firefox database for storing all their settings.

I think the browser-extension-data folder was the place where extensions stored their old style json data, rather than the newer sqlite style storage.

For a long time there has been two places where addon data was stored.

I just wanted to see what happened when I installed them like new; that old storage folder was not re-created.

It was just a test I did for my own curiosity rather than necessity.

Don't forget @Radpop and @xpkRAKE the folder called "features". Open the page "about:support" (instead of the usual "about:addons").

Because Firefox has several addons preinstalled (such as below) :

"[email protected]"
"[email protected]"
"[email protected]"
"[email protected]"
"[email protected]"
// If you decide to check, you will just find 3 things (as information) :
// - one "name" (probably not complete)
// - a number for the "version"
// - and the one is the "ID"

Yesterday I wasn't able to use Firefox-v68 (damn it it's remain buggy at the first lunch)... That's why I will advice to remove them (the folder itself) and to disable these settings :

lockPref("extensions.formautofill.addresses.enabled",false);
lockPref("extensions.formautofill.creditCards.enabled",false);
lockPref("extensions.pocket.enabled",false);
lockPref("extensions.webcompat-reporter.enabled",false);
lockPref("extensions.screenshots.disabled",true);
lockPref("extensions.screenshots.upload-disabled",true);

By precaution it's better specially if you forgot to (or didn't) disable the Mozilla autoupdate... Guess what ? No Mozilla won't ask any permission... So yes it will reinstall (each times) these (hidden or preinstalled) addons.

And no I didn't find anything about the "fxmonitor" inside (the page) "about:config"... Because it's something news which I have discovered several weeks ago with Firefox-v67.

lockPref("browser.startup.homepage",'chrome://global/content/config.xul');
// For the moment, the previous one still exist (at this adress above). 
// Just click on the buttom Home (in the Navigation Toolbar) to open it.
// Otherwise you can create another Bookmarks.

Archived