[Solved] Samsung Galaxy A7 Breaks Down Adguard

vitorio

Samsung Galaxy A7 Breaks Down Adguard enable.

Adguard can not longer enable once installed using Samsumg Galaxy A7.

Does any one knows a work around this issue?

Please let me know. Thanks.

@vitorio I hope someone will be able to diagnose your issue. In the meantime, give Adhell a try. Adhell is an open source ad blocker for Samsung phones. Unlike every other ad blocker on the market, Adhell doesn't create a local vpn to filter ads. And it works system wide. So you can use Adhell along with any other vpn apps. It also has the ability to disable any app, including system apps. Last but not the least, it also works as a firewall.

The app is totally free and open source. You can download the app/read more about it here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Adhell/

If I remember well, I installed v2.12.250 Stable    and v3.0.241 Beta on a Samsung A7 both of them worked correctly.

Which version did you try ?

6 hours ago, ADN said:

If I remember well, I installed v2.12.250 Stable    and v3.0.241 Beta on a Samsung A7 both of them worked correctly.

I installed Adguard Premium 3.0.277. I could not enable it using Samsung Galaxy A7.

Any ideas if the issue is the version with Samsung A7 or is the firmware? 

Edited by vitorio

19 hours ago, ADN said:

Solved

Downloaded and installed Adguard v2.12.250 and now Adguard is enabled working flawless thanks to you.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, vitorio said:

I installed Adguard Premium 3.0.277. I could not enable it using Samsung Galaxy A7.

Any ideas if the issue is the version with Samsung A7 or is the firmware? 

It's an issue that's inherent with most of the Nightly builds and also with some beta builds.

However, Users (like me) who are keen to enjoy the new features that get introduced on Nightly builds overcome this issue by resorting to a dirty trick.

If you are interested, I'll post the trick the next time I'm passing through here.

BTW, Users who prefer stable builds have a new version that's just been released (build 297.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

If you are interested, I'll post the trick the next time I'm passing through here.

@dcs18,Yes. Please do so. Thanks.

Edited by vitorio

• 3 weeks later...

vitorio,

Whenever, I find my Nightlies getting killed by Android, the following works great, for me:—

(Navigate to) Settings >> Advanced >> Low Level Settings >> pref.root.set.oom_adj >> enable

Please note, the above workaround is functional only on rooted droids — also, it should be resorted to, only and only if the issue being discussed on this topic is encountered (it is but a dirty trick.)

There could be other more uncomplicated reasons why AdGuard gets killed by Android — one such being the Doze (Battery Optimization) from which AdGuard needs to be excluded . . . . . a setting which is located in completely different locations (depending on the device brand.)