Samsung Galaxy S10 Said to Break Down Android Auto

The AchieVer

The AchieVer

Samsung Galaxy S10 Said to Break Down Android Auto 

If you just bought a Samsung Galaxy S10 and Android Auto is no longer working in your car, you’re not alone.

If you just bought a Samsung Galaxy S10 and Android Auto is no longer working in your car, you’re not alone.

Because as it turns out, this is one of the widespread issues experienced by those who purchase the new Galaxy S10, with a discussion thread on Samsung’s community forumsindicating there are actually plenty of customers who can no longer use the phone with their cars.

The errors that users encounter vary from one case to another, but most of the complains indicate that Android Auto no longer starts when connecting the phone to the car, while some say they are being asked repeatedly to put the vehicle in park mode.

This is an error that I also encountered with the Note 9, but which I eventually resolved by downgrading to a previous version of Android Auto. This could actually be one of the workarounds, and I recommend you to give it a shot if you hit the issues described above.Just try an older version of Android AutoOn the other hand, some say that not even a factory reset resolves the problem, but again the behavior can persist if you install the latest Android Auto app version.

There are also several complains explaining that Android Auto crashes a few minutes after load, and this particular example seems to signal some sort of compatibility issue between the app and Samsung’s new smartphone. This means only an update could resolve it, though once again, I recommend you to try an older version of Android Auto and see if it makes any difference.

In my experience, Android Auto has been very buggy at certain times, so these problems might not necessarily be tied to Samsung Galaxy S10. However, future software updates should refine the experience, and while Samsung has remained tight-lipped for now, fixes shouldn’t take long to land.

• Replies 2
  • Views 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do these BIG companies ever check compatibility.  I MEAN COULD NOBODY JUST GO TO THEIR PARKED CAR AND TURN THIS ON 

or do they just not care if it breaks  other stuff people use every day

The AchieVer
6 hours ago, dMog said:

or do they just not care if it breaks  other stuff people use every day

I am of the same view.

Regards

Archived