Please Help

CSW

I posted about this issue a week and a half back but still got nowhere.

The issue is that I use a version of Windows 10 that won't show a mouse pointer on installation from bios boot on a brand new laptop but shows on all other machines I've tried it on.

The laptop has all its drivers installed.

The version of Windows is Windows 10 Pro PIP Lite. I used it since it came out Three and a half years ago and it just works.

• Replies 16
  • Views 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, You speak that don't show mouse pointer during installation?
If so, then it isn't any way related to software, ie to Windows. There is something wrong with Your BIOS settings.
What exactly is wrong, that is visible only to You, not for us.
First of all, set all BIOS settings to default status and then is possible to look for the reason.
Usually the simplest way to do that is to remove for some seconds BIOS/CMOS battery. If it is removed, check its voltage, it should be 3.2V or more, if put it back on its place, the voltage should be not less than 3.1V. If the  BIOS doesn't reset to default settings, may be needed to reflash. But how, that You must know before begin. It is different for  different computers.

2Q==

How about trying the latest official Windows 10 Pro iso instead of some crappy three year old 3rd party chopped & screwed version?

4 hours ago, spudboy said:

How about trying the latest official Windows 10 Pro iso instead of some crappy three year old 3rd party chopped & screwed version?

Get back in your box.

There's nothing crappy and screwed about stripped down, registry tweaked, ran as administrator, older versions' of Windows 10s'. ...Or any other versions' of Windows for that matter.

Granted, I should make one myself...

MS Windows 10 Pro PIP LITE 

Build the most lightweight PIP based en_10_pro_10240.16393_h64 the latest updates on 29.07 ... 
There Edge, speech house. group, parental control, the cache winsxs ... Framework 3.5, and support for older games can turn on their own .

Features :

Removed
Drivers for modems (except basic and Nokia), printers (except for HP, GE, OLED, MS), tablets, ISS, TFTP, IME, InputMethod, a simple protocol, other languages and Asian fonts (Chinese sites are displayed properly), screensavers, ringtones , browser and player - Database, restore, Defender, Group Policy, all applications metro cloud Sortana, indexing, virtualization, Hyper-V, Nativ, migration ... 
leaving Edge, speech-screen keyboard, e-mail, network printing, PowerShell, home. group (disabled), parental controls, terminals, telnet, connect through a remote table, the cache winsxs ... Added to the program folder ClassicShell (searchable) on the table Restart.cmd, run from the administrator, it will be removed from the cloud startup, disabled hibernation and reset, it is possible to work ... There viewing photos and pictures, Framework 3.5 and support for older games can turn through a window components Update ...

Presets

Swapping and home group disabled. UAC to a minimum for installation, Hibernate by default, print on hand, no gaming, and other additives (except Restart.cmd and ClassicShell) ... Before installing the printer put on the machine and start the Print Manager, and to enable the home team start its suppliers Listeners on the Services (one on the bypass, on the other machines) ... Search works ClassicShell ...

System Requirements :

CPU - 1 ggz RAM - 2 GB HDD - 8 GB Video - DirectX 9.0 C Display - 1024 x 768 

Notes :

Setting

Installing from a CD-DVD disc or USB drive (recording Windows7-USB-DVD-tool) from outright by the BIOS "Press any key to BootCD ...", you can not upgrade, the key is not required for installation ... Activation KMS ... Log in under the local uchetku and run by Admin Restart.cmd, it will disable autorun clouds, hibernation, restart, and you can work ... If ClassicShell not needed, delete the folder to activate it ...

Information for downloading

The assembly, as well as all previous and future, does not pursue any commercial purposes. 
Compilation released in order to familiarize with the capabilities of the old and new Windows systems developed MS. 
Therefore, for all use of the software author is not responsible. 
Compilation released "AS IS" and downloaded on your own volition and at their own risk.

In the process of stripping down,  tweaker probably deleted a lot of native drivers for laptops..

IMO best get the original installer from microsoft..

1 hour ago, teodz1984 said:

MS Windows 10 Pro PIP LITE

the process of stripping down,  tweaker probably deleted a lot of native drivers for laptops..

I'll report tomorrow, fingers crossed. :)

7 hours ago, CSW said:

Get back in your box.

There's nothing crappy and screwed about stripped down, registry tweaked, ran as administrator, older versions' of Windows 10s'. ...Or any other versions' of Windows for that matter.

Granted, I should make one myself...

Get back in yours. Sheesh, what a jerk of a comment. A person tries to help and you react that way? Someone else has already posted specifics, but yes... when it's THREE YEARS OLD and has a bunch of drivers and other things removed... I have every reason to criticize and to recommend using the latest official build. There's PLENTY more reasons to not EVER use someone else's modified version but I'm not going to get into specifics. It should be simple common sense.

You didn't try to help, you just threw a sarcastic comment and hense - I threw mine.

The mere fact that it works on a lot if other machines, albiet older, it seems that the new laptop it won't work on is simply a driver issue.

Not too sure why Ted would thank a person who added nothing to the thread but try and take the piss out of my Three year old modified Windows 10.

• Well tech changes and OS are in a constant state of flux... Remember  the time when you thought Windows 7 was solid... Lack of native USB 3 support made it hard to install the damn thing ..
  • Even then I learned not to install LITE versions made by others (because they catered to what the MODDER needed..  It was usually stuff he didn't need (languages he isn't using or drivers he deems necessary)..  LAPTOP hardware drivers are usually the first to go

ONLY WHEN YOU DO YOU INSTALLER from an official source and still fail , people will nitpick/question your use of a "NON OFFICIAL" installer.. 

ADVISE: USE THE OFFICIAL ISO then come back if you are still getting same problems

11 hours ago, CSW said:

You didn't try to help, you just threw a sarcastic comment and hense - I threw mine.

The mere fact that it works on a lot if other machines, albiet older, it seems that the new laptop it won't work on is simply a driver issue.

Not too sure why Ted would thank a person who added nothing to the thread but try and take the piss out of my Three year old modified Windows 10.

I certainly did try to help. If you took it as sarcasm, that's on you buddy. Not me. Since when does honest & direct to the point = sarcasm? I think you're also worried a bit too much over who gets a "like" or "thanks" and who doesn't. So the person agreed with me, does that offend you for some reason?

Anyway. Keep using that hacked up version of Windows. You have ZERO idea what else has been altered, snuck in, removed, etc. You're just taking someone else's word for it. But a word of advice, next time you ask for food, maybe don't bite the hands that feed.

You didn't try to help my issue, you TROLLED it with a sarcastic jibe about how old it is and how it was "chopped" and "screwed" with.

The reason I took issue of the 'thanks', was simply how your post was just trollish/no help.

• Administrator

Relax guys. Cut it out there.

With respect, I'd like to think people can see my viewpoint. e.g. he was trollish to my post and I simply fed it back to him.

But agreed, time to stop.

Archived