Looking for a new music player

irefay

I need a music player that can delete (off the hard drive) specific songs.

Ive tried Win Amp. I like the "physically remove selected items" feature, but I do not like that it is buried in a menu.

Ive tried foobar. I like how small and lightweight it is, but I cannot delete songs from my hdd directly from the play list.

I tried Windows Media Center... I just plain hate everything about it.

I tried windows media player classic. I like it, but I cannot delete things from play list.

So:

1. no bloat.

2. physically delete things easily.

Any ideas?

• Replies 14
  • Views 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am old school I guess.. I use Winamp.. with an open directory to the files I am deleting.. But my files system is different from most..and my files quite a bit larger.. I list the songs by filename and path.. then I delete as I go along.. You seem to have danced all around using the Media Library.. but you have to add things to the libraries to delete them..in both Windows Media PLAYER ( not CENTER ) and Winamp.. ( all of this so you can create playlists.. ) You can go to the options in Windows Media Player and set the files to be deleted in your library and their physical location as well.. when you delete them.. But this option has to be looked for..

I use winamp too... I am hoping to find something better than it all the time...as an ex AOL employee I get sad at what they did to Winamp after they bought it </3 It needs to be overhauled.

foobar2000 is the one that I use. It has the minimalist look but you can customize it.

foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

Main features:

• Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
  • Gapless playback.
  • Full unicode support.
  • Easily customizable user interface layout.
  • Advanced tagging capabilities.
  • Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
  • Full ReplayGain support.
  • Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
  • Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.

Screenshots: http://www.foobar2000.org/screenshots

I prefer MediaMonkey for just music. Its really simple, and has everything you'll need from a music player. (conversion, ripping, etc)

It also can play almost all file types by default (.ogg, flac, .ape, etc)

I prefer MediaMonkey for just music. Its really simple, and has everything you'll need from a music player. (conversion, ripping, etc)

It also can play almost all file types by default (.ogg, flac, .ape, etc)

I second that, also JetAudio is pretty good.

If you need something simpler try QMP.

foobar2000 is the one that I use. It has the minimalist look but you can customize it.

foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

Main features:

• Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
  • Gapless playback.
  • Full unicode support.
  • Easily customizable user interface layout.
  • Advanced tagging capabilities.
  • Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
  • Full ReplayGain support.
  • Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
  • Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.

Screenshots: http://www.foobar2000.org/screenshots

+1!

depends on configuration, but as default: right click, file utilities-delete...

I use winamp too... I am hoping to find something better than it all the time...as an ex AOL employee I get sad at what they did to Winamp after they bought it </3 It needs to be overhauled.

Well I do think that Winamp could benefit in a few ways.. to a good clean approach with new code and practices in that code..It is one of the best programs out there..and slowly a few areas are being recoded and brought up to date.. I had a little problem getting it to work with 7.. but its worked out quite nicely now..I don't know if I could live without it..LOL

• Administrator

WMP here. I have tried some Media Players but only for short period of time. So whih allows you to delete files. :think: .

Well every media player can allow you to delete files with Open > right click the file > delete. ;)

For audio I'll go for AIMP2!!! :dance2:

Archived