Wireless driver issue: Intel 4965AG

TrasMontano

TrasMontano

Back in the old days, when window vista was aroud, I bought a laptop which has a wireless module Intel 4965AG.

I updated the laptop to windows 7 and 8 and never had any problems.

But when windows 10 came was released, I started having issues with my wireless driver: although the module is recongnized, the driver never automaticly starts on it's self, nor the shortcut button (wireless on/off) starts.

In order to put the wireless module and shortcut botton to work, I have to manualy deactivate and start the driver, which is a bit of a nag to do, after ever start, login, ou hibernation.

I'm really looking foward to instal windows 10 on my machine as it runs faster.

Is there any work around?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TrasMontano said:

Back in the old days, when window vista was aroud, I bought a laptop which has a wireless module Intel 4965AG.

I updated the laptop to windows 7 and 8 and never had any problems.

But when windows 10 came was released, I started having issues with my wireless driver: although the module is recongnized, the driver never automaticly starts on it's self, nor the shortcut button (wireless on/off) starts.

In order to put the wireless module and shortcut botton to work, I have to manualy deactivate and start the driver, which is a bit of a nag to do, after ever start, login, ou hibernation.

I'm really looking foward to instal windows 10 on my machine as it runs faster.

Is there any work around?

I would try with a clean installation, then eventually update the driver

regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
HeLLBRiNGeR

If it's a notebook you should try to use the key bound to enable or disable the wireless adapter after it completely starts (wait some time after you see the desktop, so the OS can start all of the services it needs). If you get it working after you press the key combination to enable-disable the wireless adapter, you may have a missing driver/app that enables the adapter on startup. Check the manufacturer's site for such driver or application. If there's no such driver/app designed for Windows 10, try the closest OS version (Win8.1, 8, or 7), since it usually works fine.

According to this intel webpage Windows 10 should install the correct driver for the 4965agn wireless card :-

here and here

Archived