Spotify Officially Launched in India; Premium Pricing Starts at Rs. 119 Per Month

ARMOUR

Spotify.png

Music streaming service Spotify has officially launched in India, in both free and paid tiers. Spotify Premium India subscription price is Rs. 119 per month and Rs. 1,189 per year. Spotify also offers top-up packs for those who don't want to pay for a recurring subscription. These top packs start at as little as Rs. 13 for one day and can cost as much as Rs. 719 for six months. Spotify is offering a student discount in India as well and the price for students is Rs. 59 per month (monthly subscription) or Rs. 66 for a one-month top-up. Spotify's family subscription is currently unavailable in India and Spotify told Gadgets 360 that it has nothing to announce in this regard at the moment. 

Sweden-based Spotify is the music streaming service with the highest number of paying subscribers in the world. India is the 79th country that Spotify has launched in globally, and the 11th country to get the service in Asia. In India, Spotify says it is offering more than 40 million songs and 3 billion playlists. Spotify is known for music streaming but it also features podcasts.

The music streaming service is known for its algorithm-based music recommendations engine, which curates music to your taste. The service cam be used on Web, Android and iOS, but it also has apps on various other platforms such as Xbox One, Windows 10, smart TVs, etc. Its apps for Amazon Echo and Google Home are not available in India at the moment, but Spotify says it is working on getting these to the country asap. The service is claimed to be available on over 500 products across 200 hardware brands globally.

For its India launch, Spotify has offered some localisations on its apps. Once you tap the Search button, you'll see Bollywood, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telegu, among other categories. This will vary based on your preferences, but there is a clear attempt to help people discover Indian music. In India, users can also choose from playlists of songs from movies, actors, as well as new city-based playlists tracking what's trending in cities like Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, and Mumbai.

Just like in other markets, Spotify has brought an ad-supported free tier to India. Spotify Premium on the other hand gives users access to features like offline mode, improved sound quality, Spotify Connect, and ad-free listening. In India, the free tier is better than other countries, as for the first time, it lets users stream 'every song' on demand. In other markets, playlists are locked to 'shuffle play'.

Plans

Here are all the subscription pricing tiers for Spotify India:

• Rs. 119 per month
  • Rs. 1,189 per year

If you don't want to buy a recurring Spotify subscription, you can purchase one-time top-ups at the following rates:

• Rs. 13 per day
  • Rs. 39 for seven days
  • Rs. 129 for one month
  • Rs. 389 for three months
  • Rs. 719 for six months

Quick Links:

Read More & Source:

• Replies 8
  • Views 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't fall for it  .

Spotify wants to change the piracy-mindset in India with its freemium model

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/spotify-wants-to-change-the-piracy-mindset-in-india-with-its-freemium-model-6162821.html

Spotify bans ad blockers in updated Terms of Service

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/7/18215845/spotify-ad-blockers-terms-of-service

i don't know what people see in there  service ,Even if you you pay the best  streams they provide is 320 and  only allow you to save so many songs to your  library, free users only get 128 and people are talking about  trying to use pi-hole and things to try and get around the ads.  You can go to YouTube and still block the ads and listen  to just as good as quality as they offer to there free users. You can pirate 320s ,iTunes  and Flac  all day long  and store them and there yours forever .

• Administrator

What took them so long.

While I have never used such apps, the major problem I have with these things so far is non-availability to international media. There is a big market here for all types of things, just give it to us.

BTW @ARMOUR, does any fixed app for such exists where one can download audio from it without having the subscription or do you recommend any different app for it.

1 hour ago, steven36 said:

I wouldn't fall for it  .

Spotify wants to change the piracy-mindset in India with its freemium model

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/spotify-wants-to-change-the-piracy-mindset-in-india-with-its-freemium-model-6162821.html

Spotify bans ad blockers in updated Terms of Service

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/7/18215845/spotify-ad-blockers-terms-of-service

i don't know what people see in there  service ,Even if you you pay the best  streams they provide is 320 and  only allow you to save so many songs to your  library, free users only get 128 and people are talking about  trying to use pi-hole and things to try and get around the ads.  You can go to YouTube and still block the ads and listen  to just as good as quality as they offer to there free users. You can pirate 320s ,iTunes  and Flac  all day long  and store them and there yours forever .

I just checked that they are encrypted and protected, can you confirm that.

This gives some idea about the quality options on it.

9 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I just checked that they are encrypted and protected, can you confirm that. 

Yes there streams are DRM protected  you have to turn on DRM in your browser  or use a Spotify app. There are fixed Spotify Android Mods  but some say only certain older ones are still working and they ban people  at random for using them. now it's against there terms to use and ad blocker in your browser even and you could be banned. So if you use  a mod only use throwaway accounts and a vpn.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Yes there streams are DRM protected  you have to turn DRM in your browser  or use a Spotify app. There are fixed Spotify Android Mods  but some say only certain older ones are still working and they ban people  at random for using them. now it's against there terms to use and ad blocker in your browser even and you could be banned. So if you use  a mod only use throwaway accounts and a vpn.

Thanks for letting me know about it. Helps understand things.

Yes, I know about the adblocker thing that has been in the news recently.

BTW, you were missing in action from from days, any reason for it.

4 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Thanks for letting me know about it. Helps understand things.

Yes, I know about the adblocker thing that has been in the news recently.

BTW, you were missing in action from from days, any reason for it.

just a lot things going on in real life  right now  .

54 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

BTW @ARMOUR, does any fixed app for such exists where one can download audio from it without having the subscription or do you recommend any different app for it.

For Android, try this moded  app. Spotify free account limited to free streaming only. for downloading songs, it require premium plans.

for windows, you can try this: Spotify + Tuneskit Spotify Converter 

Personally, I am not too familiar with Spotify

8 minutes ago, ARMOUR said:

For Android, try this moded  app. Spotify free account limited to free streaming only. for downloading songs, it require premium plans.

for windows, you can try this: Spotify + Tuneskit Spotify Converter 

Personally, I am not too familiar with Spotify

Lastest is Spotify 1.1.0.237 and SpotifyConverter_1.5.0.525

I will share it in a moment

Archived