New Theme Available: BlueShell

Samurai

News.pngAs promised, I've purchased a new theme for the forums, and although I only had a small choice for what was on offer (the website I got it from have revamped lately and only have 3 for sale) this was easily the best one on offer.

Next month, funds permitting I'll try and and obtain another theme (possible a darker one), as we do like a bit of contrast here on nsane productions :P

Most of the known bugs have been fixed since this theme's original release but should you find any, send me a PM and I'll see if there has been a fix for it. With that said, some features may not be visable just yet.

I do have some more work to do, in particular:

• Warning Level Indicator is currently missing. This is no problem, as I have the code to input it but that'll get done this week when I'm not so busy with real life.
  • The logo is currently blank. Again this is no problem. We have someone who does a great job at this and as soon as he PM's me, I'll forward the neccessary file to him to get started *hint*.

That's all I can think of right now, except to mention the smilies are still needing an upgrade for darker themes. Not much of a priority now, but it WILL be done as I have the pack on my system.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the new theme and feel free to tell us what you think. Thanks all :think:

• Replies 22
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent Samurai, thanks for supporting the site by your money.. I'll go check the theme out now. Maybe this deserves to be moved into the Announcements forum? :)

Done :)

I'm using it now, and it's great. Although it doesn't suit the front page colours much, it's still a very decent theme.

SacredCultivator

Thank you, hahah new look, change is good :)

ok, i've applied the pnghack, adds alpha blended transparency support for IE users and PNG files. nfo tags are displaying properly now too, working on the logo now :)

@zeus - only staff members see that, and it's meant to be loud so you don't go fucking with it on accident (end up perging a complete forum when ya only wanted to jump forums or something) ;)

edit: fixed the members online today display template too...

Guest oxygenuk

waste of money, you paid for a theme aswell? ;)

next time you plan on doing it dont, instead...

buy vbulletin :)

well we don't mind paying when it's worth the money, people deserve recognition for doing good work :)

oxygenuk - Yes I paid for it. As much as some themes look great out there that are free, I know not many people will have this one as it's paid for. Also, the support is second to none should I have any problems with it. The same can't be said about free themes.

Nsane - is it possible for the RSS feeds to be sent through to my client using this new theme? They're coming through in the default theme.

Nsane - is it possible for the RSS feeds to be sent through to my client using this new theme? They're coming through in the default theme.

I use the RSS feed and when clicking on news, it uses this Blue Shell theme.

Can we have links in topics underlined upon hover please? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using Thunderbird for this? I'll have to have a look at my settings to see if I'm doing something wrong on my end.

I'm already having no end of trouble with Neowin's RSS feeds... so much so that a mod has opened a live bug issue with it. I'm almost tempted to do a complete re-install of my TB client as it's annoying me that much.

Nsane - Is it possible for the IMDB button to be added to this theme also. Manually inputting the code in works fine, but it would be nice if the button was there (as in the default theme). Thanks :)

Are you using Thunderbird for this? I'll have to have a look at my settings to see if I'm doing something wrong on my end.

I'm already having no end of trouble with Neowin's RSS feeds... so much so that a mod has opened a live bug issue with it. I'm almost tempted to do a complete re-install of my TB client as it's annoying me that much.

Nsane - Is it possible for the IMDB button to be added to this theme also. Manually inputting the code in works fine, but it would be nice if the button was there (as in the default theme). Thanks :sneaky:

Oh, sorry Samurai. I thought you meant through the RSS in Firefox..

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, only just figured out how to change styles >_<

Anyway, looks f'in sweet. Nice work guys. :)

Archived