Help- need system restore cd/iso

Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

So on my crappy old xp laptop, I installed SP3 and restarted it. it went to the point where the desktop should show up, but nothing except the pointer does. everything else is a black screen.

booting in safemode doesn't do anything. also using last known good configuration doesn't help either.

so I need a recovery/restore cd so I can restore it to a pre-SP3 version

please help! and thanks

EDIT: I fixed the problem. for those who want to know I downloaded ERD commander- recovery software from TPB and used it to restore it to old version.

Thanks for your help anyways!

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big tool, hard to find, but CRD Comander would be solution for you!

With it, you can access everything , including uninstall function

Do you have the XP cd?

If yes try to boot with your cd (not HD)  there is an option to repair system files.

deos your laptop have a factory reset opinion in it or a certain key clicked multi times at startup. google it and your model. fastest way to tell if you have it if there is a D: or E: paritation small harddrive in your system with it saying something like recovery

• Administrator

Well I think that reparin it would help.

ANW I think somethin like Live CD would help also here. When you upgrade to SP3, it creates a backup the whole Windows > System32 folder or similar. Just start your PC by Live CD and find the backup folder that I mentioned. The folder is called $ntservicepackuninstall$ and copy/paste everythin from that folder into system32 folder. When aasked about to replace the files or not, click yes. After it's completed you would be back on workin SP2.

Archived