Error on Windows vista home basic

vvbert

I have a Compaq pre installed Windows vista home basic (License). The windows vista was an OEM and no DVD was given to me before. they just made some partition D with 32MB. So far it was working for 2 years. Then last Oct. 27 I've installed the new update. then restarted to compete the update installation. But right upon restart. The Bios run fine, then to the Windows with the black screen and a text Windows vista with a meter. then back to black screen. there's a number on the top left running and a file name on the side. it only run until 828. in a while "!! 0XC0190036 !! 828/91393 (pnpsetup.dll)

anybody knows about Windows Vista OS. Please help me to solve this problem. aside from reformat. Because I have no DVD with it.

You can post your solutions or comments.

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Views 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the system new or refurbished when you purchased it? Did you buy it from an individual? Many places do sell refurbished systems.. some of which have failing hardware..which is basically like buying something from your friend after he cleaned it up..LOL.. That being said... though this states that basically you are missing a core system file.. You may also have had a piece of malware, or failing drive that may have corrupted the file/or files..The installation itself may have been corrupted for many reasons.. tracing it down is a null point fixing it isn't..

One way to check is to fins someone who has a BartPE Disk or a Windows Live Disk.. ( not an install CD ).. This will allow you to boot from disk.. by using your BIOS settings...and will allow you to take a look at your drive.. if in fact your system files and folder are in tact .. then you can try to copy this file from another system or possibly a disk.. over to your drive.. and follow suit with any other missing files..Hopefully this will not cause much of an issue .. not for sure what other implications this may have with Bit Encryption or individual signing.. or if its even present.. but it is worth a shot.. You may even find it useful to download and burn a copy of Vista to disk to use.. to harvest the files IF they are present.. I will have to reference mine to be specific..and for sure.. but I have fixed a few systems this way.. Like I said though.. if System32 is gone.. or other files you may need to contact customer support through Compaq or HP to get the disc you need.. or you can go the OEM disk route.. either way.. will work.. You can repair your files from those disks..by booting from it..as an option..

My notebook was purchase from a retail store. It's brand new. I'll try to do your suggestions.

anyway where can I find BartPE Disk or a Windows Live Disk.. ( not an install CD ). Is it the OEM disk?

thanks!!!

Well if the thing is brand new it would ( do to high probability ) be better to find an install DVD.. and boot from the disc.. Next you want to do a repair of the system...This would/should replace your files..and you should be able to boot.. The OEM disc would be the disc that should have come from Compaq.. but for some reason they do this weird system restore thing with making backup CD's ( bad move on the companies part as far as I am concerned ) You have to actually by the disc you need from then OR you may go online and download an install disk.. then burn it to DVD.. and try that.. or even see if one of your friends have an install disk.. ( that is unless your like me and your friend is your computer ..LOL ).. and keep in mind that Vista and Seven are the only systems that do this XP was stuck with System Recovery..

If your system is older then I would say go for the BartPE disc and the other solutions.. For instance a DOS based Hard Drive Health Inspector..but it would along the way to discovering the main cause of the problem rather it was malware or bad drive..

from the mail of Gerald Wong the file corrupted was firewall.cpl. and he deleted the file and uses the WinPE CD to fix the file. I had already tried the chkdsk and found error on pnpsetup.dll and tried to repair by the chkdsk but when I restarted same problem occur error !!!0xc0190036 !! 828/91393 (pnpsetup.dll) . Do I have to delete the pnpsetup.dll and what folder. so far I've serach there's on

C:Win32 ,

C:windows\winsis\x86_microsoft-windows-pnpinstaller_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_92bsd796dc2737da and

C:windows\winsis\x86_microsoft-windows-pnpinstaller_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_9084159adf3c2706

thanks!!!

Archived