AMD's Radeon HD 5970 Shows Up in Leaked Pictures

Toshiro

Sunnyvale, California-based Advanced Micro Devices is expected to up the performance ante with the release of a new Radeon graphics card, which will boast a dual-GPU design and will be launched under the Radeon HD 5970 branding. While the card is expected to be released sometime next month, no specific details have yet been leaked on the Internet. However, that isn't the case anymore, as the new card has just surfaced in a range of pictures that have been made available on the Internet, also bringing with them some details regarding its specifications.

The fellows over at Alienbabeltech.com have been lucky enough to get their hands on a couple of pictures and benchmark results of the upcoming board, which will most likely be branded the Radeon HD 5970, not the Radeon HD 5870X2, how it was previously expected. The pictures and benchmark results were provided by a source that mentioned this as an engineering sample of the upcoming board, which means things could look different when the card is officially launched.

And here are the pictures of the card itself in an Antec 1200. The card itself is 13.5 inches long, and has problems fitting even a full sized tower case like the Antec 1200. We are told that it is not possible to put a hard drive next to the card in this case. The card uses one 8-pin and one 6-pin power connector.

2ld9bfm.jpg

1t7h8p.jpg

29q0574.jpg

2cg2a9t.jpg

ffa1yx.jpg

More information on benchmarks please visit here

Source : Softpedia

• Replies 7
  • Views 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a freaken old memory cards from 1980's. screw it they made a cmoplete mistake (AZZ) of themselves with this one.

• Administrator

Nice find Haantjuh. Looks good to me. But anyone got any info about it's price. I hope I haven't missed it in the above article.

Nice find Haantjuh. Looks good to me. But anyone got any info about it's price. I hope I haven't missed it in the above article.

looks like $400-$500. 5870 is $379 5850 is $259

im going to guess it will be a higher range because they will not be able to sell as many because of its over length size

• Administrator

Vow. It's more expensive than what I thought. :fear:

im going to guess it will be a higher range because they will not be able to sell as many because of its over length size

YOu're right.. It will be a big card.. My 4850 almost fills 3/4 of my CM690.

And this is only a skin.. :P Maybe the pics are fake

YOu're right.. It will be a big card.. My 4850 almost fills 3/4 of my CM690.

And this is only a skin.. :P Maybe the pics are fake

i looked at two other models i forget which but the newer version (higher number) was bigger there too. i really believe thats a real picture. someon in r&d needs to get a headbutt for goofing it up. most people will not be able to use this card. high increase in turns to bestbuy etc too. base on your mother board it may hit some of the MB parts too. hopefully they get their act together.

what i want to know is dx11 just for nt 6 & 7? or is xp giong to be allowed? is there any games even using dx 11 at all?

Direct3D 11 will run on Windows Vista, Windows 7, and all future Windows operating systems.

Game dev. are making dx11 compatible games..

Here's the list!

Archived