Ubuntu 9.10 Officially Released

vinhanhtth

Slide1.jpg

After six alphas, a beta version and a release candidate, we are pleased to announce that Ubuntu 9.10 is here, today (October 29th), available on mirrors worldwide (see the download links at the end of the article). It is our greatest pleasure to introduce you guys to the highlights of this new release dubbed Karmic Koala. It all began on February 20th, 2009, when Mark Shuttleworth announced the Karmic Koala operating system, the next major release of the popular Ubuntu Linux operating system. Ubuntu 9.10 is also the eleventh release of the Ubuntu OS and will be supported for 18 months on both servers and desktops.

Ubuntu 9.10 Features

Download Ubuntu 9.10

Source

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yea I came to know about this. Thanx for postin. :)

Many of my friends are usin it(Ubuntu). They say it's more customizable.

• Administrator

Thanks for the update. I knew the release was said to be soon. Guess i'll need to upgrade :rolleyes:

Oh good now I can download another one.. ( for like three days.. damn Linux Servers..thought I was at Amazon for a second ) to run inside Windows.. I must have Mac disease.. which I also want to run virtually inside Windows..Yes, Snow Leopard...I need my custom system to do this.. and run thin clients.. Someone needs to come up with a tested easy way to run the most recent OSX though.. the old way only supports like up to version 7... and its a pain..

EDIT:

Yea I came to know about this. Thanx for postin. :)

Many of my friends are usin it(Ubuntu). They say it's more customizable.

I have been eye-ing some beautiful stuff on Deviantart.com for Linux.. and Conky.. makes me jealous.. but only a little..I wanted some stuff from Conky for Rainmeter...and the OS dark.. with whatever transparency and stuff is look pretty hot..

• Administrator

Ubuntu 9.10 brings web sync, faster bootup, GNOME 2.28

The Ubuntu Linux distribution has received a major update today. The new version, Ubuntu 9.10, will introduce several significant new features and will deliver the latest version of the GNOME desktop environment and other applications.

This is the eleventh release of Ubuntu since the project's inception five years ago. The distribution has achieved an unprecedented level of popularity in the Linux desktop ecosystem and has attracted a considerable audience. Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu, touts the new release as its best yet and says that the latest improvements will take the Ubuntu user experience to the next level.

view.gifView: Original Article

Archived