Would You Pay $1,200 for a Mouse?

Bolt_Gundam510

Bolt_Gundam510

by Paul Lilly

We're not sure how we would envision a $1,200 mouse, but we're pretty sure it wouldn't resemble the Titanium Mouse by Intelligent Design. Yet that's how much the Dutch outfit says their rodent is worth. So what do you get in exchange for all those ducats?

A handcrafted Bluetooth laser mouse, for starters. Intelligent Design says the body is finished in hand-formed grade 1 titanium and high-quality plastic (resin). The $1,200 rodent also integrates a 3-button neodymium scroll wheel, and how can you put a price on neodymium?

It's wireless and runs on two AAA batteries, and it boasts support for Windows XP, Vista, 7, and Mac OS X. But then again, if you have $1,200 to spare on an mouse, you could probably just hire someone to move your existing rodent for you, and fetch your lunch while you're at it.

1256672295011681800.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logitech Gaming Laser Mouse FTW! I can't even use a mouse with just 2 buttons anymore. I always keep clicking the sides expecting a back button to be there.

Logitech Gaming Laser Mouse FTW! I can't even use a mouse with just 2 buttons anymore. I always keep clicking the sides expecting a back button to be there.

Razor gaming mouse :D

Gonna get it for my b-day.. Using a laptop mouse now.. Sucks at aiming Cs1.6

• Administrator

My answer is No. :lol:

ANW even I like Logitech, as Keyboad, as mouse, and cam. :bag:

Save yourself the money. I have the Razer 3G gaming mouse as well. The 3G gaming mice was the best they had at the time I bought it. Yes I used to frag with 2 mice, LOL. One for sniping and one for shotgun with different DPI settings.

Anyway the Logitech is way better. Razer exaggerates some really useless features and their mouse isn't worth the cost.

Let me tell you all the problems I have with the Razer gaming mouse:

1. First they tell you it's a non tangle cord, well that's a normal plastic coated cord, nothing special. How stupid do they think we are to tangle our mouse cord?
  2. They tell you gold plated USB, well that's a load of nonsense and a waste of gold that won't benefit you in any way whatsoever. The pins are gold plated on Logitech mouse too but not the entire USB jack. Logitech is smart. The outer of the jack is just a ground and with all that large surface area it has nothing to gain from being gold plated, the conductivity is already enough to facilitate USB 2.0 speeds.
  3. The light from inside the mouse escapes from where the 2 buttons meet and sometimes hits you in your eye, kinda annoying when you are trying to admire your brand new mouse.
  4. The mouse wheel started squeaking, LOL.
  5. Their software suck and they probably will never update it, mine is still version 1.0 since 3 years now, I have it on an XP machine now, I don't care to use that mouse on my PC anymore. Logitech on the other hand continually updates drivers and they have Win7 support.
  6. The side buttons have no distinct separation between the 2 buttons so you might press the wrong one in combat because there is no space between them.
  7. There are no dedicated buttons on Razer mice to change DPI on the fly, you have to press a side button and rotate the scroll wheel while watching the side of the screen hoping the program shows up correctly while you are inside a game so you could adjust it. Logitech on the other hand has LEDs on the mouse itself and when you press the dedicated DPI buttons on the mouse you know exactly what DPI setting it is at.

Don't think I am a fanboy or anything, I'm only stating my personal review of the item. Fact is that Logitech had a gaming mouse, I bought it. Razer said their 3G was the best, even better than Laser so I bought that to try it, I wasn't impressed.

I recommend a Logitech G5, it even has bigger teflon feet so it slides great on my steelseries mousepad. The G9 is the master but in reality you can't use that great DPI, the G5 is enough unless you have a 24 inch monitor or bigger.

Wanna guess what mouse I have? The Logitech G5 :D

It really is great :)

Save yourself the money. I have the Razer 3G gaming mouse as well. The 3G gaming mice was the best they had at the time I bought it. Yes I used to frag with 2 mice, LOL. One for sniping and one for shotgun with different DPI settings.

Anyway the Logitech is way better. Razer exaggerates some really useless features and their mouse isn't worth the cost.

Let me tell you all the problems I have with the Razer gaming mouse:

1. First they tell you it's a non tangle cord, well that's a normal plastic coated cord, nothing special. How stupid do they think we are to tangle our mouse cord?
  2. They tell you gold plated USB, well that's a load of nonsense and a waste of gold that won't benefit you in any way whatsoever. The pins are gold plated on Logitech mouse too but not the entire USB jack. Logitech is smart. The outer of the jack is just a ground and with all that large surface area it has nothing to gain from being gold plated, the conductivity is already enough to facilitate USB 2.0 speeds.
  3. The light from inside the mouse escapes from where the 2 buttons meet and sometimes hits you in your eye, kinda annoying when you are trying to admire your brand new mouse.
  4. The mouse wheel started squeaking, LOL.
  5. Their software suck and they probably will never update it, mine is still version 1.0 since 3 years now, I have it on an XP machine now, I don't care to use that mouse on my PC anymore. Logitech on the other hand continually updates drivers and they have Win7 support.
  6. The side buttons have no distinct separation between the 2 buttons so you might press the wrong one in combat because there is no space between them.
  7. There are no dedicated buttons on Razer mice to change DPI on the fly, you have to press a side button and rotate the scroll wheel while watching the side of the screen hoping the program shows up correctly while you are inside a game so you could adjust it. Logitech on the other hand has LEDs on the mouse itself and when you press the dedicated DPI buttons on the mouse you know exactly what DPI setting it is at.

Don't think I am a fanboy or anything, I'm only stating my personal review of the item. Fact is that Logitech had a gaming mouse, I bought it. Razer said their 3G was the best, even better than Laser so I bought that to try it, I wasn't impressed.

I recommend a Logitech G5, it even has bigger teflon feet so it slides great on my steelseries mousepad. The G9 is the master but in reality you can't use that great DPI, the G5 is enough unless you have a 24 inch monitor or bigger.

4. Never had that problem with the Razer Mamba.

5. Don't know which Razer mouse you have, but they updated most of the drivers for Windows 7 already. http://www.razersupp...azer-windows-7/

They even released drivers for Mac OS X for some of their mice.

7. Mine has dedicated buttons for DPI on the fly and LEDs.

Archived