box, mara- fix

bigjohn

thanx mara fix works perfect :pirate:

starting yesterday 9/1/10 ESET will not let me update, I have been using the Mara fix for months now, but it is suddenly asking me to enter a username and password? any suggestions to a solution would be great.

• Replies 81
  • Views 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

starting yesterday 9/1/10 ESET will not let me update, I have been using the Mara fix for months now, but it is suddenly asking me to enter a username and password? any suggestions to a solution would be great.

I had the same problem recently. The only solution for me was to unfix ESET and then fix it again with the box, mara- fix.

yep thats the correct decision uninstall and reinstall the fix will solve the problem

thanx mara fix works perfect :pirate:

Read this post. It's easier way.

Cheers ;)

Well enter in http://update.eset.com/eset_eval/ as your update server... and move on.. I actually had this issue simply running a basic trial from ESET.. for whatever reason it seems to be some sort of issue.. not for sure which.. but at some point n time.. and this problem seems to be getting more widespread.. with Fixed and non-fixed versions..for whatever reason these errors start occurring.. ( I even went and grabbed a new trial key even though my time limit had not run out.. )

I tried a repair install and I am currently too busy to screw with it as long as I am up to date I will be just fine..

But try that and see if it fixes your error and check your update screen when you try beforehand and see if all of a sudden it is giving your a ?url=blah blah blah..

Strange that from over 30 something servers it has n the registry entries.. it only tries two or three of them... yet the fail safe is working fine.. and full version crack installations are working fine..

Thanks a lot, this helped with "update files not consistent..." error.

Archived