Registry repair program?

Aleksa

What Registry Repair program someone recommanded to me to safe repair all registry errors and clean registry?Which program is the best in this moment?

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First: There is no best at anything, it's really just a matter of personal preference ;)

I'd like to recommend COMODO System Cleaner, CCleaner and Advanced SystemCare. All of them can be found on our frontpage. I've never had any problems with them and they offer the function to create backups before you clean anything.

either Jv16 or regvac

best registry cleaners on the net today!

Nr 1- CCleaner;

2- for deeper dealings- Ace Utilities;

3- Total goodness on very many ways- WinXP (7 or else) manager

4- COMODO system cleaner- freeware, if you know roughly on what are you about

5- JV Power tools, if you know a lot, don't mind tweaking tweaking tool ...

• Administrator

Well I just installed COMODO System Cleaner(not tried the registry thingy yet) but I' really impressed.

CCleaner is considered as most used if you ask me.

JV Power tools is also good. :)

CCleaner is a very poor registry cleaner, as it's much more centered on disk junk cleaning.

On tho other hand it's a very safe registry cleaner, since it doesn't touch as many things as others do, so it won't harm your system.

Here:

RegVac/CCleaner for Registry

CCleaner/A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner/Wise Disk Cleaner for Disk

Please do be careful to create backups before using any "Registry Cleaner" or the like.

Or don't and f*k up your PC, forcing yourself to reinstall Windows and then your registry will be clean again.

(Untrue, even after a clean install of Windows XP most registry cleaning utilities will find some obsolete entries)

Have not found any programs that will repair the registry, they only recommend deleting left over junk from the constant changing going on in there. Like to see one that really fixes it; like restore a missing dll or some other entry that got screwed up.

If you take the advice of what Lite has stated above about making proper backups of your registry .. particularly... before you make any changes and after you have done your fresh install.. and after each program installation..it is quite easy.. depending on the software that you use.. to restore individual changes.. and even complete cleaning ...

But you are right though.. a program that will simply repair issues.. from never being installed.. doesn't exist.. and it would be almost impossible to make a program that does.. if it did it would have to scan your entire system... or reference your system logs.. or even other error logs to find problems..much like an AV.. Then it would have to think about which versions should be used for your configuration.. and your software installed.. It would be VERY extensive.. and Resource intensive..

Most of that is left at the information you can find on the net.. or things you come to know in-depth about individual programs and registry entries..

But if you make a so-deep-clean that your Win will not boot anymore.... xDDDDDDD

How do you restore a system backup ?

I don't make backups, i only try to not fuck things up (but usually find little surprises xDDDDDDDD).

Well.. that would be a cleaner that I would never look back on...and I would mentally torment myself.. like sado-masocism.. until I remember not to do that anymore if I did it myself... I am not really a Microsoft Tech.. but I think that there may actually be a way to restore the registry even then.. but USUALLY the only thing that is going to happen is that you kill something like Plone.. where it makes two entries that don't register because of the nature in which the server is made to operate.. which are added to the exclusions..and a re-install will USUALLY repair these things even if you don't make backups..My registry cleaner has created all of about two or three problems for me as I can remember but I used AGGRESSIVE scanning as well.. I also disconnect all external devices.. so any file indicated on a drive other than my own.. will be erased..

A backup can go one of two ways.. in mine..( has a Restore Section - Restore from backup ) you can go in and select the time and date you want to restore..then you can ( if I remember right ) select which individual entries that were cleaned, or all of them...OR do a complete restore from Backup..

The other way is ... you open 'regedit.exe' in 'C:\WINDOWS\System32' and then while at the top of the tree...( at My Computer ) do an export.. this will create and save a complete copy of your registry...I believe you can import it or even open it with notepad and find various entries..to restore.. If you know what you need to add you can write it into a text file ( by format and guidelines ) and save it as a .reg file.. double clicking on the file will add it to the registry...

I will recommend jv16 Powertools 2009 too since it was able to detect some things that CCleaner missed. Also there is an option on it's backup menu to export the back-up as a .REG file so it's really convenient.

What Registry Repair program someone recommanded to me to safe repair all registry errors and clean registry?Which program is the best in this moment?

I tried JV15 and some others. But I like Ace Utilities best.

CCleaner

RegSupreme 1.4.0.46

Advanced SystemCare

RegVac Registry Cleaner

They are all safe of to use

Archived