more and more problems with Firefox

Togijak

It started some time ago, but lately gets worse and worse. One of my Firefox problems (only with this forum) is that sometime the editor don't open if I want to answer / post somewhere. If I change to Chromium I don't have any problems. The latest problem is that

aZoBbs6.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Same here. No issues with Firefox. Try to remove it completely and install it back.  

or just try the portable version if the issue is on the installed version.

Test without any extension on a fresh copy is recommended

No such issues on my rig too btw.

stylemessiah

Waterfox....

Added bonus is you can use all the classic addons.....

2 hours ago, MrZeb said:

The file name instead of the image is usually a problem with Ad blocking...

your idea must be wrong because I am using the same picture and link for many month and Adguard is also installed in Chromium 

@ all

That was the first what I did without writing it (my bad) I try a portable Firefox without any addon and I also try TOR Browser in standard configuration

raQPAKj.jpg

8uMs2V1.jpg

If I try to edit the post in Firefox there is the same funny png filename and not

h++ps://shareimage.in/images/2018/09/26/2ec765f4e85597a8154b948ed9bf2bd6.png

just found another Firefox problem = I wanted to insert the full picture link as < code > but was unable to insert anything in that window

When I try to access the image using h++ps://shareimage.in/images/2018/09/26/2ec765f4e85597a8154b948ed9bf2bd6.png

i got:

This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information.

Maybe some of your browsers are showing the image using the cache, or the Cloudflare "cache"

7 hours ago, MrZeb said:

When I try to access the image using h++ps://shareimage.in/images/2018/09/26/2ec765f4e85597a8154b948ed9bf2bd6.png

i got:

Maybe some of your browsers are showing the image using the cache, or the Cloudflare "cache"

t9ZCcHn.gif The only thing I've never tried since it has worked in other browsers

@Matt

and maybe I found the reason for the rest of my problems = for me it looks like it could be the response time of the forum. That could explain why things are working some time and some time not (if much users are online and the forum reaction is slower) 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Togijak said:

t9ZCcHn.gif The only thing I've never tried since it has worked in other browsers

@Matt

and maybe I found the reason for the rest of my problems = for me it looks like it could be the response time of the forum. That could explain why things are working some time and some time not (if much users are online and the forum reaction is slower) 

Forums speed here is fabulous and amazing. We don't have any problems with that anymore.  What is your speed connection ?

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Forums speed here is fabulous and amazing. We don't have any problems with that anymore.  What is your speed connection ?

VZ2G4Jb.jpg

it is a WiFi connection. The idea was that I had the impression that it works in the middle of the night and usually not during the day (for example I did this in Firefox without problems (time 03:55 AM))

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem too in Waterfox with Noscript installed.

If i allow nsaneforums,i can see the site properly with buttons and icons visible on certain things but i can't use the reply in comments ,it doesn't open.

If i forbid nsaneforums i can then add my comments.

+ I've never been able to quote someone in a reply ,unless i'm just not doing it correctly ,i can't see anywhere to click to quote a post in reply.

I can click 'thanks' ok but if i want to reply by quoting a previous post i have to just copy the post and leave my reply underneath.

'edit' button is there but not 'quote' ,weird huh :)

thunderpants wrote:

//

If i forbid nsaneforums i can then add my comments.

+ I've never been able to quote someone in a reply ,unless i'm just not doing it correctly ,i can't see anywhere to click to quote a post in reply.

I can click 'thanks' ok but if i want to reply by quoting a previous post i have to just copy the post and leave my reply underneath.

'edit' button is there but not 'quote' ,weird huh :)
//

Same here. I have to block Nsane with NoScript to be able to reply.
No options appear if I permit the site.

I have similar problems with Microsoft Edge, although I won't be making a fuss about it (since Microsoft is moving to Blink anyway).

IPS is known to favor Chromium Browsers, I  know cause I manage multiple other communities in the same platform, and I was always forced to use Chromium to have the moderator tools work correctly across all of them.

I have no issues with the Forum speed nor posting comments though, only some images posted in the topics that don't load.

Archived