Best Routers for Xbox One Gaming in 2018

The AchieVer

A good router is very important if you play games on your Xbox One, especially if you enjoy playing a lot of multiplayer. The market on gaming-focused routers is pretty huge, but we've narrowed it down to what we think are the best ones available.

asus-router-triband.jpg?itok=7uZj_VEt

Luxury option

ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300

Out of all of the routers out there, the best of the best is the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300. Equipped with eight large antennas, a quad-core processor, a wide array of USB and wired connection ports, and more, the ASUS ROG Rapture is truly a beast that will give you lightning fast connection regardless of how close or far you are from it in your home. It's worth noting that the firmware needs to be manually updated out of the box.

$380 at Amazon
tp-link-ac5400.jpg?itok=miOp2ebY

Ease of use

TP-Link AC5400

Another high-end router is the TP-Link AC5400, which comes with nearly as many features as the ASUS ROG Rapture. Additionally, it has an incredibly easy setup process that only takes a few minutes, which makes it perfect if you want a fantastic connection without exerting too much effort. It does noticeably have a poorer connection over longer distances, however.

$360 at Amazon
asus-dual-band.jpg?itok=48jhJZEQ

Strongest range

ASUS Dual-Band AC3100

Though it doesn't have the beefy connection speeds and features of the more expensive routers on this list, the ASUS Dual-Band AC3100 does have the strongest overall connection when far away from your router. If you game several rooms away from your router's location, then this is the product for you. Like the ASUS ROG Rapture, it will need a manual firmware update out of the box.

$235 at Amazon
netgear-nighthawk-router.jpg?itok=l--9e8

Mid-range performance

NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro

If you're looking for a solid router that gets the job done well, but won't force you to break the bank, then the NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro is a fantastic choice. It's a great balance of quality, price, and features.

$285 at Amazon
d-link-router.jpg?itok=fOm1yWFk

Budget option

D-Link DIR-879

If you're short on money to spare for a good router, then you can get decent performance out of the D-Link DIR-879. It has poor range and the connection isn't great, but it's definitely serviceable, and at this rock bottom price, it's hard to argue against the value.

$67 at Amazon

At the end of the day, each of these routers is great in their own way. No matter what your needs are, one of these should be able to give you what you need. If I were to choose one, I would probably opt for the ASUS ROG Rapture since I play a ton of games and the expensive investment into such a beefy router would be worth it to me in the long run.

source

• Views 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived